UP ALL NIGHT

Aimees POV
I woke up to Adalynn screaming and crying. I quickly jumped up and looked besides me forgetting that Adalynn was in her nursery. I grabbed my phone to see it was 1:25 in the morning. I looked at Shawn to see he was sound asleep.

I get up and rushed into the nursery wear Adalynn was screaming. She never screams like this. She never even really cries either. I turned the light on and walked towards her crib. "Shhhh baby" I say, picking her up. She continues to cry.

I walked out of the nursery and into the kitchen. I grabbed the formula out of the cabinet. I grabbed a cup of hot water and put it next to the formula. I grabbed a bottle that was filled with water and put it in the cup of hot water. "Shhhh" I say, bouncing Adalynn up and down trying to calm her down.

After about a minute, I grabbed the bottle and checked to see if it was warm enough which it was. I opened the formula and put two scoops in the bottle. I put the lid back on the formula and closed the bottle.

I shake it as I walked back into the nursery. I just left everything the way it was cause my main focus right now was my daughter so I didn't clean up. I sit in the rocking chair we have in the nursery and changed her in the position so I could feed her. I stick the bottle in her mouth and she was fussing and kept moving her head. "Come on Adalynn. I don't know what you want!" I say, putting the bottle on the table next to the rocking chair. I was getting frustrated.

I got up and laid her on the changing table and changed her diaper. She pooped again. Every time we changed her last night she pooped.

I zip her pajama back up and decided to try something. I go in one of her drawers that we keep her swaddles in and grabbed a swaddle. I just grabbed a flower swaddle blanket.

I picked up Adalynn and laid out the swaddle

I picked up Adalynn and laid out the swaddle. I laid Adalynn on the swaddle and swaddled her up. She was a little big for it but she was finally calming down after I swaddled her. However, she was still fussing.

I picked Adalynn up and sat back in the rocking chair. I grabbed the bottle and started feeding her. She finally started eating. I take a deep breath and say back and tried relaxing. I grabbed my phone that I put on the table next to the chair and looked through my notifications. I saw a text message from my dad at 12:34 am. It said "just got to the airport!! We're officially moving to Florida!! Hopefully see you tomorrow!! Love you lots 😘"

I smiled and texted him back. He's probably not gonna get it right away cause he's on the plane right now but I just decided to text him back Anyways. "Can't wait!! See ya tomorrow!" I say.

I pulled up Instagram and snapped a picture of me with my eyes closed kind of laying my face against Adalynn's face and she was eating with her eyes shut as well. I posted it with the caption "it's currently 1:45 in the morning and my poor baby isn't feeling good!! Please pray that she feels better!"

I shut my phone off and put it on the table. I leaned back putting the chair back so it reclines. I just closed my eyes as Adalynn continues to eat. I hear the door open to see Shawn walking in. "Hey" he whispered and I smiled. "I went to the bathroom and you weren't in bed. I wanted to check on you and see where you went" he whispered coming over to me.

"You didn't hear her screaming?" I laughed and he shook his head. "You were sound asleep. She was legit screaming" I say and he frowns looking at her. She finally falling back asleep. "We've been up since like 1:25. She refused to eat unless she was swaddled which is kinda weird. But she's also feeling really warm" I say, slowly taking the empty bottle away from her and she stayed asleep.

Shawn puts his wrist against her forehead and nodded. "Yeah she is. We'll give her some Tylenol when she wakes up" he says and I nod. "Okay. Go to bed. I'll be there in a sec" I say and he nods walking out. I put the bottle on the table and slowly got up.

I walked over to the crib and slowly placed her down as she stayed asleep. As I moved my arms from underneath her she started crying again. I sighed and picked up. As soon as I picked her up she fell asleep again. I sighed walking into the living room after I grabbed my phone. I grab the remote and laid  on the couch.

I turned the tv on and turned the fosters on. I just laid there and watched it. I guess Shawn fell asleep cause he didn't come back out to see what I was doing. After the episode was over it was around 2:30. Adalynn was still sleeping so I decided to try putting her down again. I walked back into the nursery and tried putting her in the crib. Once again, as soon as I moved my arms away she started crying.

"Come on Adalynn!" I say frustrated and picking her back up. As soon as I picked her up she fell asleep again. "Are you kidding me?" I asked, walking out. I turned the lights off and walked into the living room. I laid back on the couch and grabbed a blanket that was laying on the couch and covered me and Adalynn with it. As Adalynn slept on my chest I just continued to watch the fosters.
———————————————————————————
COMMENT FOR MORE :)