It Takes Two to Tango

Jakey, sitting in his house, was feeding Oliver his daily dose of cookies, when suddenly he received a vision. It startled him immensely, but he let his play, watching it like on a television screen.

It was of Bryan, standing in his living room. He was leaning over what looked to be an old record player. He placed the stylus on the clear, black vinyl, and stepped back. Music played throughout the room. The Latin sound swirled around the room. Bryan sighed, hearing this music, his eyes lighting up. He raised his hands up, as if they surrounded an invisible person, and went with the music, taking intricate steps in time. He swirled around the room gracefully, in complete control of the situation. Swinging his hips, and lifting his legs at certain moments, it was quite amazing for Jakey to observe. He simulated an innumerable amount of twirls for the partner, and switching positions

He didn't know that Bryan could dance, and he especially didn't know he could dance this well.

Bryan did what looked like a dip for the partner, and the song finished with one finally note, as Bryan dipped his head, as if he looked right into his partners eyes.

Jakey, who had not expected such a sad finish, felt tears well up in his eyes. He had this feeling of joining Bryan in the dance. This feeling caused him to blush, his skin as if brushed on with pink makeup. As the vision faded, he witness Bryan sigh with sadness, and go and turn off the record player.

Jakey, rapidly blinking away both the vision and the tears, rubbing his eyes as he does so. He didn't know what kind of dance it was, but he knew that he wanted to learn it.

He had no idea how though.

"Yeep!" says Oliver, nudging his nose into Jakeys leg. He looks down, and pets Oliver.

"Don't worry Oliver, I'm okay. J-just got a t-time v-v-vision, is all." He shakes his head, trying to clear it. He suddenly stands up out of the chair, and heads towards the door. Oliver, ever the loyal pet, starts to follow him. He hears the scuttle of the small paws, and turns, kneeling in front of him. "I need you to stay here, okay? I need to go into the city to do some research, okay?" Oliver, with one final nuzzle with his nose to Jakeys outreached hand, waddles back to the plate of cookies, and starts munching on them. Satisfied, Jakey leaves, and gets on the next coming ferry to the city.

Upon entering the city, he stopped in the middle of one of the city squares to gather his thoughts. Using his power, he stopped time, and activated his ability to see possible futures depending on where he decided to go. The first ending had him end up with a terrible teacher, and the dance ends up failing. He doesn't want that. The third has him end up breaking his leg from trying to dance, which is almost as bad as the first.

He looks at the second option, a smile on his face. Its shows a dance studio called "Steps in Time", and then the pair dancing through the night. He knows he needs to find this studio in order to have the desired outcome. With a new purpose in his step, he asks around (somehow not stuttering while asking them). After getting lost a few times, he finally came across a storefront. On the front of the building was the sign- "Steps in Time", with a pair of ballet slippers on top of a clock. If this wasn't a sign, then nothing else was.

As Jakey walked into the dance studio, a bell above the door alerted whoever was present in the building.

"H-hello?" asked Jakey, moving his head side to side, looking for people.

"Hold on!" said a voice, coming from the right.

Jakey follows the sound of the voice. He sees somebody pop out from under the counter. They have light brown hair that goes down to their shoulders. They have green eyes and an average build. Jakey shyly waves at him, pushing a bit of his blue hair out of his face.