11 Friends

I wake up from a nightmare scared and breathless, my room is dark, so it must be still early. This nightmare was a new one and somehow even more awful. I was in Ben's bedroom standing in the corner, on the bed, bloody and unconscious, was laying Dean. I kept yelling at him to wake up, but he wasn't responding, for some reason, I couldn't move and I was afraid he will die, it was awful.

I slowly stand from my bed, my hands shaking, my feet unsteady. Opening my door I peer at Dean's, as always, they're slightly ajar. Taking a few steadying breaths I creep to his room slowly pushing the doors wider. Dean's sleeping on his back, right hand on his stomach, left thrown sideways. His face is turned in my direction, relaxed with sleep and peaceful. Without second-guessing myself, I enter his room and crawl on the left side of his bed. I lift his sheets and huddle underneath them, scooting close to Dean, I put my head on his left shoulder.

"Zach, is everything alright?" Dean asks.

"I had a nightmare, can I stay with you?" I answer him, already relaxing.

"Sure, baby, just don't freak out in the morning," Dean mumbles, pressing a kiss to the top of my head, and then he's out. I snuggle closer to him and take a deep breath inhaling Dean's scent. And then I'm out too.

* * *

I wake up warm and well-rested and sleeping hall on top of Dean.

What the fuck?

I freeze, waiting, but Dean is still asleep. My head is on his left peck, his breath even. I will myself to stay still and think. Then I remember my nightmare and coming to Dean. What the hell was I thinking? Well, that's the thing, I wasn't thinking - I was half asleep. The worst part is that I don't know what to do, run or stay and snuggle.

"Quit thinking so loud." Dean's sleepy voice rumble's through his chest, making my head vibrate. "You have two options, either we stay like this for a while, and that's the one I would choose, or you can get up and start your day." He says tightening his arms around me like he's afraid I'll run.

"I don't know what time it is. My phone's in my room, I might need to start breakfast." I say unsure. I kind of like it here.

Dean just grunts, then one arm around me disappears and Dean produces his phone from somewhere on his right. It's 10:30.

I'm feeling disappointed. "I need to get up and start breakfast," I mumble.

"No, we'll be good with cereal and I can make my own coffee. Don't you dare to move." Dean says and turns a little, pressing our bodies closer. I feel like a teenage girl hyperventilating, feeling self-conscious and scared from just being in a man's bed.

"Breath, Zach. We're just snuggling. I'm not going to do anything, just hug you." Dean says somewhere above me.

"Easy for you to say, you're not the one pressed to a hard male body," I mumble back, getting a chuckle from Dean in return.

"You do know, you're a hard male body too? Right?" Dean says, still chuckling. A smile tugging on my lips.

"Well, that might be debatable. I haven't been eating this good for a long time, I might be getting a little soft." I admit. "I used to run, but I... I stopped because Ben said it was stupid, that I was already too skinny." Crap, way to dampen the mood.

Dean's arms around me tighten. "You're handsome, but if you want to run, I don't see anyone here stopping you, if it would make you feel better I could go with you. I think I might be getting soft too, with your amazing cooking." Comes Dean's response. "I used to go to the gym with Logan on Mondays. We could all go if you're interested."