19 Wish You Were My

"Where is he?"

"He's sleeping. The doors on the right." I hear Rob answering.

"Noah?" Eric speaks up.

The doors open.

"Zach?" Noah asks entering the room.

I blink at him, but don’t say anything. He’s wearing well-worn sweatpants and a t-shirt. His brown hair is not styled and messy and his blue eyes big.

"Can I hug you?"

I frown but nod.

Noah goes around the bed and climbs in, spooning me from behind. We lay like that for a while until Noah speaks up.

"Did he hit you?"

"Who?" I ask quietly. How sad it is, that I even have to ask that question.

"Dean."

"No. He would never hit me." I say sure of it. "He, he just… hurt me."

"Okay," Noah says. Stroking my arm.

After a while there’s a knock on the door and Eric sticks his head in.

"Can I come in, boys?"

I just nod. Eric enters and sits in the chair near the door.

"Noah, how did you get here?" Eric asks looking concerned.

Noah gets tense behind me. "I asked for the address and took a cab."

Eric nods but doesn’t comment.

"Zach. Dean called me. He’s worried. Karen told him I got the call yesterday and didn't come home. So he called me, I told him I'm with you, but I didn't tell him where. Do you want me to tell him where you are?"

"Not yet," I say quietly. "I’m tired." I didn’t sleep all night and now I really tired and apathetic. I’m not sure if I’ll be able to sleep, but I surely don’t want to talk, so I close my eyes and just lay there.

"I’ll keep you safe." Comes a quiet voice from my behind.

* * *

When I wake up Noah is still in the bed with me. I’m sleeping on my side, my forehead pressed to his skinny hip, while he plays with my hair. I hum in contentment.

"You’re due a haircut, Zach," Noah says quietly.

I nod because I know I am. I shift and sit up, looking around the room.

"What time it is?" My voice is rough and scratchy, my mouth dry.

"Two in the afternoon."

I hate sleeping in jeans, I feel sticky, and due to a shower, not only a haircut. Taking off the cover, I sit at the side of the bed, rubbing my face.

"Eric put your bag next to the door while you were sleeping."

This is the most I’ve heard Noah talking, so I look over my shoulder at him. He looks the same skinny young man, with big blue eyes, he still looks sad but also determined.

I stand, take my bag and go to the bathroom. After showering, brushing my teeth and putting on clean clothes, I feel much better. When I exit the bathroom, the bedroom is empty so I go to the kitchen. Eric, Rob, and Noah are sitting at the kitchen island drinking from mugs, what I can guess is a coffee.

"Sorry I freaked you out yesterday," Rob says as he notices me entering.

I shrug. "Sorry I freaked out."

I take out coke from the fridge and other ingredients, starting to make a bunch of sandwiches, I put them in front of other man and start cleaning up.