Chapter 7: Breakfast Together

When the Powerpuff Girls woke up, the sun was just appearing on the horizon. For just a moment, it seemed to be their usual morning, that it was just another normal day. But they knew better than to believe that fantasy. The Rowdyruff Boys were right there, sleeping on the floor at the end of their bed. It was going to be a while before things became normal.

"Should we wake them up?" Bubbles asked, craning her neck to look at the sleeping boys.

"Can't we just leave them like that?" Buttercup complained, sighing. "We might get some peace and quiet for a while."

Blossom shook her head, pulling off the cover. "Sorry Buttercup, but the professor will be waiting for all of us."

Buttercup groaned, but nonetheless followed her sisters off the bed. They walked to the boys' sleeping space, and when Buttercup saw the exorbitant amount of pillows, an idea popped up in her mind.

"Wait!" she hissed at Blossom, who was just about to wake up Brick. "I've got a better way to wake them up." Her sisters looked at her, and she outlined her plan to them. "Well?"

"Hmm, it seems like a good idea," Blossom mused, then she grinned. "Let's do it!"

Bubbles started to giggle as the three of them got down on their knees. Blossom held up three fingers, and she started the countdown. Three. Two. One. In an instant, the Powerpuff Girls grabbed the pillows underneath the boys' heads. Their heads made a simultaneous thump on the sleeping bags, waking them up. But they could only manage to open their eyes before they were attacked by an onslaught of pillows!

The girls were laughing now as they hit the boys with the pillows. The boys were writhing about, trapped in their sleeping bags. They hadn't expected the attack, and the only thing they could do was try and grab the pillows or the attackers. Their hands groped about in the air for a few moments before Brick felt his fingers wrap around a wrist. Not wasting a moment, he threw the person over his head. There was a cry of surprise, and he quickly pulled himself out of the sleeping bag to look at his assailant.

Blossom didn't know what happened. One moment, she was bopping Brick in the face with a pillow, the next, she was lying on the bed with her head hanging off the edge. She rolled over on to her back and looked at him in surprise.

"What the hell are you girls doing?" Butch demanded. When Blossom had gotten thrown, her sisters stopped their attack, giving him and Boomer time to get themselves together. "What was that about?"

"Just want you to wake up," Buttercup replied coolly.

"Is attacking a way to wake people up?" Boomer asked.

Bubbles shrugged. "Not really. It's just something kids do to have fun!"

"Fun?" Slowly, Boomer's hand started to move behind him. "It's a game?"

"Mm-hm! It's called a pillow fight; most of the time, we use it at a sleepover."

So..." Finally seizing a pillow, Boomer raised it over his head. Bubbles's jaw dropped. "Does that mean I can do this?" Without waiting for an answer, Boomer smacked her over the head with the feather-filled thing.

Bubbles was astonished when Boomer went for the attack, and for a moment, she was stunned. Then, she started to giggle and retaliated. The others stared, surprised by their actions.

Suddenly, Buttercup felt something soft hit her face.

"Ah!" she cried, and was surprised when a pillow fell on to her lap. She turned towards where it came from, and her eyes widened to see Butch holding two more pillows in his hands.

"To war!" he shouted, then charged at her with his weapons.

Before long, the last two metahumans joined in on the fun. Laughs and thumps filled the room as a war formed between the two groups. Pillows went flying as they threw them at each other. The sleeping bags became rumpled with their constant movements.. At that moment, the fact that they were supposed to be enemies was completely forgotten—and school too, apparently.