Chapter 5- Compete

Daniel could tell that Jay's voice was incredibly hot. His chuckle  was low and charming. Daniel really wanted to hear Jay speak.

Jay covered his mouth to try to hide his laughter. Daniel's blunt statement had been honestly so amusing to Jay, since he hated his voice. There was a reason that Jay never spoke, but if push comes to shove and Daniel asked him to speak, he probably would. He would do anything for him.

Daniel looked away, feeling better. He was so scared that Jay didn't want to be friends, since Daniel always caused him so much trouble. And he had such a low self esteem, too.

Daniel was about to invite Jay to hang out when suddenly there was a knock on the door. They looked over at the entrance, seeing 3 men in black standing there. They checked the stalls and nodded to someone outside. A guy wearing a bucket hat and sunglasses walked in and stared at Daniel.

"Daniel Park." He said simply.

"Can I help you?" Daniel asked. The guy looked down at Daniel's hand and raised his eyebrows.
Daniel blushed when he realized that they were still holding hands. He let go hesitantly, then faced the man.

He took off his hat, revealing pink hair. Daniel gasped.
"DG?!"

DG walked closer to Daniel. He handed him a crisp, white envelope and smirked. "Hope to see you there, Danny. Would be a shame for a cute guy like you to miss out on this. Don't bring blondie."

Then he turned on his heel and left the bathroom, putting his hat back on.

Daniel opened the envelope, revealing a flier for auditioning for a music video and for an Entertainment company. On the flier, DG had signed it and wrote down his phone number. His face turned hot.

"...?"

"Oh, it's just a flier. Nothing too important." Daniel put the flier back in the envelope carefully but not before putting DG's phone number as a contact.

He glanced up at Jay, seeing his jaw clenched. He had seen that Daniel saved DG's number and added a pink heart next to his name.

Jay took Daniel's phone and looked up his number, jealousy bubbling in him. I wonder what my contact card looks like.
"Hey!"
Jaybear💋

Jay blushed and gave Daniel his phone back.

"A-anyway do you want to do something together? Let's go to a movie or something. Maybe eat something?"

"..."

"Oh! Are you sure? I don't want to be a bother."
"..."
"Okay! I can come over today or tomorrow!"
"...?"

"Oh, I have to go to the audition. It's a way to make money, so I wanna take the chance."

Jay frowned. "..."

"Ah..DG said not to bring you for some reason. I'm sure he didn't mean it. Sure, you can come. I'm still shocked he came here in person."

Jay nodded. The bell rang, signaling the end of the day. "Wahh we were in here for so long. Let's go, Jay. Don't wanna be late for the audition."

Jay called a car to get them there quickly. He put on a bucket hat and face mask. "..."

"Oh! Good idea!" Daniel also put on a face mask to avoid being stopped by girls and Daniel's fans from Pacebook and Paprika.

DG was waiting for them inside the building in a dance room. He rolled his eyes when he saw Jay and bit his lip in anger.

The producers and directors sat in chairs, holding clipboards and a camera was directed at the middle of the room where Daniel would stand.

"Mr.Park, I understand you have trainee experience?" A lady asked.

"Yes, in SG entertainment. They treated us badly so most of the trainees quit."

"I heard you're very talented in singing and dancing. And your acting is on point. For this music video, we need all three of those elements. And if you decide to become a Trainee here, then you're more than welcomed to audition." A man continued.

Daniel nodded and got in place.

"I got all your records from SG ent. You know the choreography of Boy Meets Evil and the vocals. First you have to perform it while singing, not lip syncing."

Daniel gasped. "Not even the maker of the song does that! He lip syncs!"

"Can you do it or not?!" DG interrupts.

"Yeah, I can try..." Daniel huffs.

"Next you have to act out a love scene from Strong Girl Bong Soon with DG. The bomb scene."

Daniel flushed red. A love scene?!?!

Jay clenched his fists. DG smirked. He knew that Jay was gonna come along so he convinced everyone to make that one of the requirements.

"And if you pass, we count it as your audition."

Daniel sighed. "Okay."

He left and came back quickly, having changed into his workout outfit. Black workout leggings that showed every curve and a loose white shirt. He went into position and started to dance.

Play the music video if you want and watch it.

Everyone was speechless. He managed to capture every move and pop perfectly and rarely had a quiver or shake in his voice. The vocals were so amazing and even without special effects, it was great.

Everybody stood up and cheered, even DG. Jay was stunned, and clapped for Daniel. Daniel was sweating and breathing heavily.

"That was amazing. Next up, the bomb scene. I want to see tears, and emotion. I want to hear the pain in your voice."

And so Daniel and DG performed it effortlessly. Daniel played Bong Soon and DG played Ahn Min Hyuk.

They got a standing ovation again and Daniel was praised.

"Wow. I didn't know you were actually going to sob and produce real tears. Well, congratulations. You're hired for the MV and you're now a trainee."

Daniel was stunned. Just like that?

He grinned widely, about to give Jay a hug but when he looked around, he was gone.

Jay left.