Chapter 7: Don't Leave Me Again

After he regained consciousness in a couple of minutes, he stood up then fell to his knees, his body and mind numb. Tears welled in his eyes, threatening to fall. He stayed there, his breathing ragged and painful as he brought his hand up to cover his mouth. He tried to take a deep breath but instead it sounded as a high pitched gasp.

Arms wrapped around Daniel, trying to comfort him. "Let's just go, Daniel."

The doctor stared at them in confusion. "Go? Aren't you going to see Mr. Hong?"

Daniel looked up quickly, wiping his tears. "H-huh?"

The doctor came to a realization, his mouth forming into an "o". "You...weren't you asking if he was okay? You don't think he's dead, do you?"

Daniel stared at the doctor, dumbfounded. "He...he's not?? He's okay?!!! Oh my gosh- LETS GO!!"

Daniel struggled to stand so DG wrapped his arms around his waist to pull him up. Daniel wrapped his arms around DG's neck on instinct and followed the doctor to Jay's room.

"I'm so relieved, oh my! I'm so glad he's alright!!" Daniel rambled happily.

"Cute..." DG thought, smirking.

They continued walking to Jay's room but stopped outside of the door. Nervousness wracked Daniel's mind. He wanted nothing more than to go in through the door and see that Jay was all right but he was scared that Jay was going to be mad at him.

Daniel took a deep breath and attempted to steady himself, as his heart was beating so fast.

"You don't have to go in..." DG started.

"Yes, I do. Jay saved me from getting hurt, and he's my best friend!" Daniel exclaimed and pushed open the doors.

Jay was in a humongous bed, and the room itself looked like a fancy hotel room.

"Wao...so this is VIP..." Daniel mumbled before snapping out of it and dashing towards Jay, who seemed overjoyed to see Daniel.

He wasn't wearing a shirt, and he had bandages wrapped around his chest. He sat up, the comforter slipping off him and exposing his toned abs, making Daniel drool.

"H-how are you feeling, Jay?" Daniel asked once he tentatively sat down on the edge of the bed.

Jay pulled Daniel towards his chest into a desperate hug.

"Huh? You thought I was hurt? The men were after me because I'm your friend? I was almost abducted?"

Jay nodded quickly, still amazed at Daniel's ability to read him that well.

"Well, I'm fine. The man fled after he hit you, thankfully or else I wouldn't have held myself back."

Jay smiled, mentally laughing. He knew that a Daniel was super strong, but when he spoke, he couldn't help but think about how cute he sounds.

Daniel blushed when he realized that he was basically on top of Jay's bare chest. DG stood by the door, his eyes narrowed.

"Yes, yes. He's alive. I'm leaving now." DG said loudly, making Daniel flinch and pull away from Jay {A/N- :(  }

"Wait, DG!"

DG stopped, then turned to face Daniel. He raised his eyebrows and waited for Daniel to continue.

"Um... it won't be much but...can I please treat you to dinner to say thanks for helping us?" Daniel asked shyly, his face pink.

Normally, DG would refuse such offers, especially from peasants but Daniel was too cute, plus, it was an opportunity to win against Jay.

"Looking forward to it, Danny." DG replied and left quickly.

Jay was fuming, upset that Daniel offered and livid that DG agreed. He pouted, looking away.

"Huh? What's wrong, Jay-" Daniel was about to ask when suddenly, Jay pulled Daniel towards him again, this time kissing him.

Daniel's eyes widened, surprised at then sudden contact with Jay's s chest again and lips. Jay was about to pull away since Daniel didn't respond, but just as he was about to, Daniel started kissing back.

Jay bit Daniel's lip, making him gasp, giving Jay entrance to his mouth.

They made out for about two minutes before actually parting all the way.

He caresses Daniel's cheek softly with his thumbs, smiling.

Daniel was flushed, confused and he felt hot.

"J-Jay...are...are you okay?" Daniel whispered.

Jay smiled wider and nodded quickly.

"..."

"Umm...I'm not sure I understood correctly."

"..."

"Really?! You like me? You've liked me ever since I gave you that apple? You felt attracted to me when you first saw me?"

Jay nodded at every question.

"..."

"You want me to be your boyfriend? REALLY?!! YES!!! Uh, I mean, sure, why not?" Daniel blushed in embarrassment when Jay burst out laughing.

He buried his head on Jay's chest to cover his burning face.

"Stoppppp....." he whined cutely.

"..."

"Nooooooo...I'm not cute!!"

"..."

"What? You thought I liked DG?!! No!! Plus, even if I ever did he would be out of my league. But I don't. And dinner is just to repay him for helping us get here."

Jay sighed, still unsure. But he trusted Daniel, so he didn't question him again. He held Daniel tightly when he remembered how DG was checking out Daniel while he was distracted. How his eyes lingered on Daniel's curves.

He sat up, bringing Daniel up with him. Jay spooned Daniel then switched on the TV, then covered them both with the comforter.

Daniel turned to look at him. "Jay...I never told you. I like you too."

Jay blushed red and grinned. He cupped Daniel's face and kissed him.

Happy...that's how Jay felt. And he hasn't felt that way ever since he turned five, on that dreadful day.

He shook those thoughts off. If he wanted to stay happy, then he should live in the moment and cherish every second he got with Daniel. He won't let anyone ever hurt Daniel. Ever.

He glanced at Daniel, hearing soft snores. He smiled when he saw Daniel sleeping soundly, a bit of drool on his chin.

"I..." Jay faltered, his voice ragged.

He closed his mouth, hesitant.

"I...I love you.

Please...don't leave me."