Chapter 8- Competition

Previously....
"I...I love you.
Please... don't leave me."

Chapter 8- Competition

Jay never believed in love at first sight.

It's lust, attraction, and want. It's not love at all, no matter what someone thinks. You don't know their personality, you don't know how they truly are.

That's how it was with Daniel. He knew it wasn't love, but lust.

But the way Daniel acted...no. The way Daniel was. It made Jay fall in love quicker than he's ever imagined was possible. Daniel has a beautiful heart, very innocent and pure. When he looks at Daniel helping out others who aren't handsome or pretty, popular or rich, he then understands that Daniel has been through something in his past.

Normally Jay would never pay attention to anybody, but as soon as he saw Daniel enter the room, shy and self conscious, he knew that he would be different.

Jay looked down at Daniel, who was sleeping soundly. He was clinging to Jay even in his sleep, making him smile.

So cute....

His eyes fluttered open, a look of confusion passing through them. Then understanding once he looked at Jay. Jay smiled nervously, hoping Daniel wouldn't regret anything but once Daniel smiled his gorgeous smile, his worries left him.

"Jay, how'd you sleep?" He asked groggily.

"..."

"That's great! I slept so good, you're so comfortable," he said, then blushed when he realized what he said.

Jay laughed softly, admiring his boyfriend.

"Oh shoot! I have to go to school!" Daniel scrambled to get up and fix his uniform, then realized that it was so terribly wrinkled and that went against school policy.

Jay noticed this too and reached to the side of the bed, wincing painfully.

Daniel looked at him in concern. "Don't strain yourself."

Jay smiled dismissively and handed Daniel his uniform jacket to borrow.

"Oh really??? Can I??? Thank you!!" He hugged Jay gently and shyly kissed his cheek. Jay rolled his eyes and kissed his lips, chuckling at Daniel's blush. He covered his face and quickly walked towards the door.

Ahhh...it'll take a while for Daniel to get used to me.

Jay smiled giddily and laid back down, daydreaming of Daniel.

*****************

Daniel exited the hospital, running as fast as he could to try to catch the bus. He came to a abrupt stop when a black car stopped right in front of him. He fell from the force of his abrupt stop, scraping his elbow. Good thing he hadn't put on Jay's jacket yet or else it would've broke like his shirt.

The car door opened, revealing DG sitting there. He stared at Daniel with his cold eyes before stepping out of the car to pull him up harshly.

"Ow..." Daniel whined.

DG wore a bucket hat, sunglasses, and a mouth mask. He took a look at Daniel's elbow, his eyebrows furrowing.

"Erm...my apologies." He hesitantly said.

Daniel's eyes widened. DG was known for NOT apologizing EVER.

"It's okay. It's not bad." Daniel said after he got over his surprise.

"Let's go, I'll take you to school." DG shoved Daniel inside the car roughly.

Daniel bit back a yelp, not wanting to make DG upset. He knew that DG was naturally rough, and never a softie to anyone.

"Mr. Min. Take care of Daniel's elbow and get him a new school shirt," he turned to Daniel. "Is your jacket okay?"

Daniel looked at the jacket and smiled. "It's okay. This isn't mine either, it's Jay's. Mine is wrinkled so I borrowed his."

DG glared at the jacket that Daniel gingerly held. "Is that so?" Then he turned to Mr. Min. "Get him a new jacket too."

Daniel choked. "Wait! That's okay, my jacket is fine, just wrinkled. You don't have to."

"I know I don't." He started then waved Mr. Min off to complete his requests.

Daniel sighed, knowing he couldn't convince DG. DG grabbed the first aid kit from Mr. Min and pulled Daniel towards him roughly.

"Ahhh!!!"

"Mr. DG! Please be more gentle!" The driver exclaimed.

"Shut up, Lawrence." He mumbled.

DG got significantly gentler, making sure Daniel was okay after every move he made. After he finished wrapping Daniel's elbow, he looked down at his face and turned pink.

Daniel was really close to DG's face, and he was staring at him with wide, chocolate eyes. DG leaned down a bit towards Daniel, staring at his lips. He was about to close the gap when Lawrence called out "we're here!"

Daniel looked like he was electrocuted and backed up, a look of intense guilt on his face.

"I...I should go." He opened the door but DG reached out and tightly gripped his wrist.

"Here." He handed him a new shirt and jacket. "Wear it." Then he let go and looked away.

Daniel rushed towards the school, running into the bathroom and ignoring everyone who greeted him on the way. He locked himself in a stall and took a deep breath.

"DG...DG and I almost kissed. Oh gosh. Oh no. I'm so sorry Jay!" He covered his face in shame. He quickly changed his shirt but still wore Jay's jacket. He smiled softly. It smells like Jay.

Daniel hurried to class and sat down stiffly. Zack woke up and stared at Daniel.

"What's up with your face?" He asked.

"Uh...umm..." he thought for a second before deciding Zack wouldn't judge him. "I'm dating Jay Hong."

"Wha- Our Jay Hong?!!" He seemed strangely happy.

"YES!! that means you won't steal Mira from me!" He cheered.

Daniel laughed in relief. Then Zack quieres down for a second.

"So why are you upset?"

Daniel teared up in shame and whispered, "Because DG and I almost kissed!"

Zack looked like his eyes were about to pop out of his head. "DG? The DG?! Damn, Daniel. You really are popular."

"Help meeee!" Daniel whined.

"How would I know?! Do you like DG?"

Daniel hesitated, then blushed. "I don't know. He makes me feel like Jay does but not as much."

Zack rolled his eyes. "I'm not good at this. You definitely like him then. Just date them both."

"At the same time?!"

"Why not? Many people do it. Go for it, nerd." Then he fell asleep again.

"That doesn't seem right..." he mumbled.

"What doesn't seem right?" A voice said above Daniel.

He looked up and froze.

It was DG.

And to make things worse...

Jay also stood there, looking hurt.