Chapter 1: Depression

Warm tears ran down my face uncontrollably

"You fucking piece of shit!" I punched my pillow repeatedly angrily as I sobbed.

Grabbing my hair and pulling on it until I felt the pain coursing through my skull. I let out more sobs as hot tears drenched my face. My nose running. My head was heavy.

"What is wrong with me?" I screamed into the pillow.

I pulled my heavy blue blanket over me, holding it close with a death grip. Sobbing more as my chest and ribs hurt from crying so much. I always felt crazy. My thoughts were hard to control. No one understood how much trouble I had to go through every day. Every day was different with me, mentally and emotionally. I never knew what to expect.

Sometimes I was okay. Other times I was a mess. I couldn't handle life, yet I somehow found a way to keep breathing. Keep showing up to work in the mornings six days a week.

Knock, Knock.

I immediately stopped crying, wiping the tears off my face as quickly as I can. Staying quiet. I wanted them to go away, to think I was still asleep. After a few minutes passed I heard the footsteps retreating from the door. I let out a sigh of relief. My head felt heavy and my body exhausted.

Crawling out of the blankets I dug into my drawer. There it was. My piece and my bag of weed. Opening my window where I saw the forest surrounded by fog and mist; I lit my put some weed in my pipe and lit it up. Inhaling deeply as it stung, a pleasurable sensation. Exhaling out the window. My body slowly relaxed as I continued smoking.

I eventually laid down, staring at the ceiling. Lost in my thoughts of how my life was and how I could possibly improve it. Nothing. Nothing I could do would help me reach my dreams. Everything I had tried was always shut down.

Knock, Knock.

"What!" I snapped towards my door.

Annoyed that I always had to be around people. I could never find peace. The door creaked open.

"Hey, sis! I was wondering if you wanted to go to the beach with me and Yessica?" My sister said poking her head through the door.

"No thank you, I have some things I have to do today," I lied.

She sighed, "Are you high?"

Her big brown eyes looked at me with concern.

"No." I rolled over to face my window.

I heard the door close gently. My sisters always try to get me out and about. However, they never listened to me. They never truly listened when I had something to say about how I was really feeling. They didn't go through as much trauma as I did. After all, we were half-sisters. I lived half my life in a whole other world they knew little about.

Sighing, I rolled over to grab my phone off the bed stand. Ten missed messages, two missed calls. So annoying. People wanted to talk when I wanted to be alone, and no one is around when I am ready to talk. A couple of messages were from Abdu. One person who could take my pain away temporarily.

Can you come over? I asked him as I checked my other messages.

They were just memes from people and some from my best friend Freya.

Right now? Abdu replied.

Yes.

I'm on my way *winky face*

---

---

Cover credit: @Sinadana

Hello, everyone! What do you think so far?

There is a vote button for those who don't know to vote on chapters you do like. If you don't then no need to vote! This will be the first and final reminder for those who don't know. Please comment if you like, I don't mind errors being pointed out. Please, no TROLLS. It won't be tolerated. If you don't like the book then you can always stop reading it. Thank you!