Prologue

The darkness I felt never left. It lingered in my bones, buried deep into my aura. I tried to push it away but the voices always came back. Taunting me. Torturing me.

Why me? I asked every day. No answer ever coming my way. I wasn't sure how but I kept myself alive. That was all, just alive. Not living, not happy, just alive.

I envied people with simple lives. I hope to one day find the peace and safety they felt. That bliss they had for most of their days. I was lucky to feel content for a day. Most days it is just a dark hole pulling down further, and further. Until I couldn't breathe anymore. Suffocating me as I try to fight my way out.

I couldn't handle it anymore. It's time to go. True happiness doesn't exist for people like me. Fighting my way out of that dark hole is just too much. After all, I have been fighting for 25 years. Its time to go.

I opened my eyes to gaze over the cliff of the canyon. Looking at the hazy brown that lingered in the desert heat as the sun had set in colors of red and orange. One step over the cliff's edge, my weight tilting me forward. I let my other foot follow behind me as I was engulfed into the air and pulled by gravity towards the hard soil and rock that waited for me.