Chapter 13 - Meditation

Hayato began to slow his breathing down, taking deep breaths and focusing on the dreams he's had. Five minutes went by, then ten minutes. Nothing was happening and he was also having a hard time concentrating when all he could hear was Blake trying to persuade Rouge to join the movement in the background.

Blake noticed Hayato struggling with the attempt and offered another piece of advice, "I know this may be strange at first friend, but if this is successful you'll no doubt be content with the results. Relax your shoulders. Yes! Just like that, perfect. Now. I want you to picture a scene in one of your dreams. Picture yourself going through a tunnel and entering that dream. If you do that, everything else will go smoothly."

"Maybe if we step out of the room it would give him a better opportunity to concentrate?" Rouge chimed in.

"Excellent idea Rouge. We can continue our conversation outside."

"Let me know if you need anything, ok?" Rouge told Hayato.

With the minor distraction gone he tried what Blake told him to do. At this point, Hayato had nothing to lose. He took another deep breath and as he relaxed himself he pictured going through a tunnel into one of his dreams. After a few minutes he suddenly felt himself floating as if he was in the room, but yet not present. Although his physical eyes were closed he gained a sense of hyper awareness of his surroundings. He was able to hear the conversation between Rouge and Blake slowly fade as he began to see a light. Slowly, he's drawn into the light.

————

"This is our opportunity to have ourselves a little chat Rouge. I've been meaning to ask you a question. I can also sense a special gifting in you. Are you aware of anything like that?"

There was something about Blake that made Rouge uncomfortable. She's only been with him for a few minutes now but completely understood the qualms Hayato had with the man. How did he know about Hayato's dreams and what he was implying to be her visions. For now she thought it best to play it cool and lead him off course.

"Not that I know of. While we're on the topic though, how did you become aware of Hayato's dreams?"

Blake let out a light-hearted laugh seeing how Rouge backed him into a corner. He was previously able to change the topic the last time she asked but he wouldn't be able to do the same now.

"You're very determined. I like that." Blake's unwavering gaze felt to Rouge like he was staring into her very soul. It sent a shiver down her spine. "The truth is, I also have gift just like Hayato."

"You have dreams too?" Rouge asked cautiously.

"No, no. Nothing of that sort. I have the ability to discern kinds of gifts people have. That's how I knew Hayato had dreams and that you also have something special about you has well. It's been a skill I've been able to hone almost to perfection and has been a unique tool when trying to recruit others into this movement."

"That makes sense." Rouge had other questions but wasn't sure if he'd freely give out answers unless she pushed. Blake's ability did put the pieces together as to how he received some information about the two but it didn't explain how he knew the exact nature of Hayato's dreams. She could tell there was more he wouldn't tell her. She decided it was best to drop that for now but she needed to know about the twelve that Julie mentioned earlier.

"I have a question for you Blake."

"Please, ask away."

"You're part of something called the twelve? What is that?"

This time, Blake's gaze caused her to step back, bumping into the large meeting table. She hit a sensitive spot. To see the split second of surprise on Blake's face made it worth it for Rouge. She was able to make him lose his composure for only a bit which showed her the type of person she felt he was.