Cole- Comfort

Today was a training day. Every once in a while, the ninja would train in between big adventures to keep themselves in shape. I was rather new to the team. I hadn't been here nearly as long as the rest of the ninja, so training days were a rather new thing to me.

I got ready by putting on my ninja gi. I asked Lloyd why we had to train in our suits when we could wear anything else, but he said you have to "feel like you're actually fighting the bad guy," or something to that affect. Lloyd was weird, but he was the leader, so I didn't question it.

I walk out onto the deck of the Bounty. All of the training equipment was out and everyone else was ready to get started.

Training makes me feel anxious. I feel like I don't fit in with the rest of the ninja. They're so good at what they do, but I've only been a part of the team for so long. I hardly know what I'm doing compared to them.

We all got ready to train, being put in groups of two. Jay with Nya, Kai with lloyd, Zane with Pixal... And me with Cole...

I never liked training with Cole. I've only trained with him a few times, but he's so much stronger than me. It's not that I dont like Cole, in fact, I actually really like him. A little more than I should, probably. It's just that I feel so weak compared to him. But whatever. This is just the partner I was put with.

Cole gets out the punching bag and sits it in the middle of the deck. He has a tight hold on it to make sure it doesn't go anywhere, not that I was strong enough to knock it over or anything, and he gestures for me to hit at it.

I draw back my fist and thrust it forward with a bit of hesitance. I know I wasn't going to hurt Cole, but him standing so close to me while I hit the punching bag made me nervous, so I didn't really hit it as hard as I could.

"I know you're stronger than that. Don't be afraid to hurt me, just hit the bag." He says in a soft, comforting voice. I just nod my head and take another look at the bag.

I draw back and do as I did earlier, punching the bag, but this time using more force. I put all of my strength into it.

The punch was hard enough to cause the bag to swing backwards a little bit, but I'm still not that strong.

"Good! That was better." Cole smiles. I smile in return, feeling good about what I have done.

"Really? You can do better than that!" Jay exclaims as he appears behind me. His loud voice scares me a little bit as I jump.

"Huh?" Even though I heard what he said, it's like it didn't process in my brain, so I ask for clarification.

"Well, it doesn't look like you really put that much effort into it." Jay explains.

"Jay, knock it off. He's new to training." Cole says with a stern look.

"Yeah, he was new, like, three months ago. He should start trying a little harder. That's all I'm saying." Jay puts his hands on his hips.

I begin to grow anxious. I had a suspicion that the rest of the ninja didn't care for me too much, and this just cements that idea into my brain.

"I think... I think I should go." I speed walk back to the sleeping quarters, removing bits of my gi as I walk. First, my mask, then my gloves, then the jacket that covers my shirt. I'm left in my shirt and pants.

When I enter the room, I climb up onto the top bunk and stare up at the near ceiling. I take a deep breath.

I knew I wasn't cut out for this. I don't know what it is that Master Wu saw in me that made him think I was fit to be a ninja. Sure, I have elemental powers, but there are tons of elemental masters that aren't ninja.

I feel as though I could cry at any minute, but I don't. I don't want to let this get to me. I need to prove that I'm stronger than this.

My thoughts are interrupted when I hear a soft knock at the door.

"(Y/N), it's me... Cole... can I come in?" He asks softly.

"Whatever. Come in if you want." I bluntly reply.

I hear the door creak open and Cole's soft footsteps approach the bed. He climbs up onto the top bunk with me. I sit up and face him.

"I'm sorry I ran off like that. I just... I just don't like being a ninja... I don't see why Wu picked me of all people." I admit.

"He didn't pick you, you were meant for this." Cole smiles at me.

"No, I'm really not. I can't do half the thinks you guys can do. I can't fight, I can hardly do spinjitzu, I can't to airjitzu either. And I haven't even reached my true potential. I've barely tapped into my elemental power." I feel myself break down.

"I was in your shoes at one point." Cole says as he rests a hand on my shoulder.

"Huh?"

"You don't think I was born a ninja, do you? I may have been born with my earth powers, but I had to work to become the earth ninja." He explains, still with that warm smile of his. A smile I couldn't resist.

"Yeah, well I've been a part of the team for months! I should know how to do all of the things you guys do by now! I should at least have my true potential unlocked by now." I complain.

"Everyone finds it at different times. Out of Kai, Zane, Jay, and I, Kai was the last to reach his. Then Lloyd and Nya after that." He informs me.

"Really? You reached your true potential before the rest of them?" I ask.

"Yeah, I was even before Jay, so I don't see why he's complaining." He jokes. I just smile.

My smile fades after a few seconds as a new question floods my mind.

"Hey, Cole..."

"Yeah, (Y/N?)"

"Why are you so nice to me? We hardly know each other that well. I'm the new member to the team." I ask.

"I dunno... there's just something I like about you, I guess!" He smiles.

"You... like me?"

"Ah, um, that-that's not what I meant- I-I'm sorry!" He stutters as he cheeks flush red.

"Because... I think... I might like you... a little more than just as friends..." I confess, refusing to make eye contact as I do so.

"Wait... really?" Cole perks up.

"Yeah, it's okay if you don't like me back. I understand." I sigh.

"No, I do! I like you! I really like you! I'm just glad you feel the same!" He exclaims.

"Really? I didn't think I was, uhh... your type, I guess." I chuckle.

"Let me guess, you thought I was straight?" He jokes.

"Well, that's not it, well, yeah, that, too, but I figured you would like someone stronger, and nicer looking... someone more up to your standards."

"Don't put yourself down like that. I like you for you!" He cups his hand around my cheek.

"You mean it?"

"I do." He smiles and leans in a little bit to give me a small kiss on the cheek. I then lean in to give him a hug. My small frame wrapping around his large, warm body.

"We should probably go back to training." He says as I pull away.

"Okay!" I smile.

Hopefully this is a relationship that will last quite a while.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

This chapter is finally done. I've been working on it on and off for a while. This one was actually a request, so keep those requests coming! The reason why I've been a bit slow on the uploads for this book is because I have another book that I like to work on. It's my main book. It's my Lloyd x reader book. And yes, it is an x male reader book, so if you're interested in this book, maybe give that one a read? I also have a lemon book if you want something a little more extreme, I suppose.

Anyway, thanks for reading. Hope you liked it.:))