Cole- Injured

It's hard.

It really is.

I don't think anyone else knows what it's like to have an injury as serious as this one. And I can't believe I let it happen. Just one wrong move during battle, and here I sit with a missing arm.

I sit on the sofa looking down at what once was my right arm. Now it's nothing but a stump of what it once was. It's so weird. Just a few weeks ago, I could move it freely and do as I pleased with it, but now there's nothing. I don't know how to explain the feeling of trying to move a limb that isn't there. My arm got cut off just a little bit above the elbow, so the only mobility I have left in the small piece of remaining limb is in my shoulder.

I continue staring at the missing limb for a while as I just sigh. It's gone forever and there's nothing I can do about it.

Then I hear Cole walk into the room.

"Hey, (Y/N). You doin' okay?" he asks as he stands in the doorway.

"I'm doing about the same as always..." I say as I stare back to my arm.

He sits in silence as he watches me grieve the loss of a piece of my own body.

"Listen... if you want to feel better, you can't spend all your time sitting around like this. You've gotta get out and do something instead of sitting inside all day. It's gone," Cole finally speaks.

"Really?" I become a bit angered by Cole. He makes it out to be like a missing arm is just a minor inconvenience. "Are you serious, Cole? I'm missing an arm and you're telling me to just get over it and go outside? I can't go out like this, Cole. A piece of me is missing." I make my anger very clear to him.

"That's not what I meant," he says.

"Then what did you mean? Listen, Cole. You have no idea what I'm going through. You don't know what it's like to have a missing arm. You don't know what it's like to have anything this serious taken away from you!" I cry out.

"YES I DO! I had my entire body taken away from me incase you don't remember! For months I couldn't touch anything, eat anything, feel anything! Do you know what it was like to occasionally fade out of existence? And if I went anywhere near water, there's a possibility I could have died. I had to face that risk every single day," Cole explains.

I sigh, "Cole, I'm sorry. I know you know what it's like... but... this is just so stressful. I just want things to go back to normal..."

"I'm... I'm sorry for yelling..." Cole responds, almost ignoring my previous words.

"It's okay..."

"Maybe... maybe it would help to get out of the house and get used to doing things... with one arm... I'll come with you?" Cole offers.

"I dunno, Cole..."

"Aw, come on, (Y/N). I still went outside when I was a ghost, not to mention... girls thought it was pretty cool," he jokes with a smirk.

I playfully scoff, "yeah, I bet girls totally love a missing arm."

"Hey, you never know," he jokes again.

That is true. You never know. But it's still quite bold of him to assume I want any girls' attention. I guess I've always been more... lenient toward guys...

"I guess I'll go out with you- uh, I mean, get out of the house... with you," nice save, (Y/N).

"Heh, alright, lefty."

"Lefty? What's that supposed to mean?" I ask.

"Well... you've only got your left arm," he holds back laughter.