Kai- Rose

As I hear the tapping of my shoes on the pavement, there's only one thing running through my mind.

Him.

His smile, his laugh, his beautiful hair and just everything about him. It's like he never leaves my mind and I love sharing every minute with him. And that's where I'm heading now. To spend some quality time with him.

But first...

I turn a corner down a small alleyway that leads to a bunch of small local businesses. I head through the front door of the shop I frequent most often and I hear Jay greet me. He smiles and waves as he waters some of the plants in the window. He's been working here for quite some time and I look forward to seeing him every time I come in.

"Let me guess, you're here to get flowers for your boyfriend again?" He smiles as he jokes.

"Yup. You know my usual," I nod.

"Of course I know you're usual. You buy the same flowers every month for the guy. Do you think he gets tired of seeing them?" He asks as he instinctively picks our a small bouquet of red roses.

"Nah, he couldn't keep flowers alive even if he tried," I chuckle.

"So you buy him these flowers just for him to kill them?" He shrugs as he brings the flowers to the front counter to ring them up.

"I guess so. But he likes them, so that's all that matters," I rub the back of my neck and stare at my feet.

"Ah, I guess so," Jay shrugs again as he hands me the flowers and I hand him the money out of instinct, already knowing the exact price.

"Thanks Jay," I thank as I carefully take the flowers from his hands.

"No problem. Oh, and since this guys so special to you, maybe you should bring him around here sometime so I can meet him. I wanna know who my hard work is being wasted on since he can't keep the things alive for more than a month according to you," Jay pretends to sound angry, but I know he's joking as always.

"Will do," I smile as I head out the door and down the street with the flowers in hand.

32 months.

I've been buying him flowers for 32 months in a row. It's just become our thing now. It started as a 1 month anniversary thing, then a 2 month anniversary thing, and I was planning to stop at 5 and then get them for a special occasion like 1 year and so on, but I felt like it was expected of me to bring flowers every month so it just became our thing. It's even become a little joke between us. He always pretends to be upset when I don't bring him flowers every time I visit on between our monthly anniversaries. Jokingly, of course, but it's amusing to me. I don't think I've ever actually seen him get upset at me. It's probably not even possible.

He continues to run through my mind as I take every little step and turn to get to his small little home. When I finally approach his doorstep, I ring the bell and I hear him rustle around inside before opening the door.

I hold the flowers out to him and he gently takes them in his own hands.

"32 months," he smiles, "you never fail."

"You know I'd never forget your roses, Kai," I smile softly.

"And you know you've always been my rose," he kisses me gently.

That nickname.

That's what prompted me to buy the very first bouquet of roses. On our first date, he compared me to a rose and I've never forgotten how special it made me feel since.

32 months of being Kai's rose. ❤

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Hey!
Just thought I'd write something short to get me back into the writing mood. This chapter barely makes it over 600 words when my normal chapter consists of 1,000 or so, but I thought all of us could use something short and sweet.

Thanks for reading. (: