Jay- Introduction

Before we start this chapter, I'd like to say a couple things. Although this chapter can be read alone, I'd like to think of it as a continuation of the last Jay chapter. If you wanna read that one first, then go ahead if you haven't already. But it doesn't really matter. You can read this chapter without the context of the first one.

On with the chapter!

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Jay and I have been together for a little while now. We started out as good friends who happened to have little crushes on each other, so we have that stereotypical teenage romance, but I'm not complaining. He's probably the nicest guy I've ever met and I really do love him.

We've been together for a few months now and today's the day I get to meet his parents. Well, I've met them before briefly, but I've never actually sat down and gotten to know them. So I'm pretty excited. Nervous... But excited!

As I stand infront of the bathroom mirror, brushing my hair, Jay walks in behind me.

"(Y/N)! You look great," he smiles as he walks up to me and wraps his arms around me from behind.

"You think so?" I ask, giving myself one last long look in the mirror as I sit the hair brush down. I'm also wearing some somewhat nice dress clothes. I wanted to look nice, but I didn't want to seem like I was overdoing it.

"Yeah! My parents are going to love you," he whispers in my ear. I turn around and give him a little kiss.

He laughs softly. That classic laugh of his. I don't think anyone can resist Jay's cute little giggle.

We walk out of the bathroom together and everyone is sitting around in the living area.

"What's got you dressed all fancy, (Y/N)?" Cole asks, looking up at me.

"I'm going to see Jay's parents," I blush lightly as I rub the back of my neck.

"They live in a junkyard, did you really have to dress up just for them?" He jokingly asks.

"I wanna be respectful," I shrug.

"I think he looks great," Jay wraps his arm around my waist and I smile.

"We should probably get going," he says, "I'll set the bounty on a course to their place."

Jay walks off and I follow him. He messes with the controls of the bounty and gets it heading in the direction of his parents' home.

"So you really grew up in a junkyard? What was that like?" I ask, intrigued by the life style.

"Uhm... It was definitely different. But I never knew any other way so it seemed normal to me at the time. But I guess if I never lived there, I never would have gained an interest in building machinery, because I definitely had access to the parts. But it might have been a useless skill now that I think about it because Zane and Nya know just as much as I do and probably more," he chuckles nervously. "And they probably learned from someone else in a more professional way. When I just learned from trial and error... a lot of error..." he laughs.

I laugh too, because there's nothing more contagious than Jay's laugh. I just look into his sparkling blue eyes as he laughs. I really think Jay's the one. I'm glad I get to fully meet his parents.

Within no time, the bounty arrives to Jay's parents' place. Jay and I get off while the bounty goes off somewhere else. They all agreed to pick us up later. Jay and I walk with our hands intertwined as we approach the front door of his childhood home. Jay knocks on the door nervously and his mother answers.