Chapter 1 - Groceries

It was drizzling lightly, and outside it was dark. Y/n sat up in her champagne sheets and shivered. 'What time is it?'  Your clock read 4:42 am. 'I still have 18 minutes until I have to get up.'  You laid back down. Your eyes were wide open, staring at the ceiling, you had already gotten up, and there was no way you could go back to sleep. You turned your head to look at your calendar. 'November 15th. Huh.'  You squinted through the darkness to see any major events for the day. You saw nothing. 'Thank goodness, finally a break. I'll go shopping today.'  Y/n sat up again and got out of bed. Your clock read 4:45 am.

First, you showered and brushed her teeth.

Then, you washed her face and moisturized it.

Next came brushing your hair, drying it, and putting it up in a bun.

Then, you did some light makeup, nothing too special.

Afterwards, you had dark coffee and a cream cheese bagel.

Your life was boring, nearly the same thing everyday. Get up, go to work, come back, sleep.

Repeat.

Y/n walked to the bus stop, got on, and then walked to the subway. Then you took the subway deeper into the city, where you finally got off and walked further to the large building where you worked. You showed her I.D. badge to the guards inside, and they let you through. You stepped into the elevator and took off your coat, your building actually had good heating. It was quite new after all.

"Good morning Y/n." Your secretary.

"Good morning Sakiko. How was the movie?"

"Oh it was good, but in the end her lover turned out to be a ghost."

"That's certainly a plot twist."

"Mmmhm. You only have two meetings today. One at 8:00, and the other at 12:30."

"Got it, thanks." You entered your office, pictures of you and old men shaking hands, and certificates lined the walls. You sighed, since you only had 2 meetings today, you didn't have much to do. You tapped your pencil on your desk. Tap Tap Tap. You sighed again. You logged onto your computer and searched up a game. Jump, run... jump jump, run... space bar, jump. You sighed again, but louder. Before you knew it, it was 8:00. You got up and straightened your suit. Beep.

"Y/n, your eight o'clock is here." Beep.

"Send them in." Two men walked in, one was young, probably only 30, and the other, 54 years old, you had seen many times before.

"Hi, my name's-"

"F/n. L/n. I mean Dr. L/n! You're amazing I've read everything about you!" 'Another fanboy.'

"Nice to meet you-"

"Yasuo. Katayama."

"Nice to meet you Yasuo. You don't mind me using your first name do you?"

"Oh! Not at all."

"Right. Nice to see you Tsushima."

"Sure. Let's just get down to it." The old man took a stack of papers out and handed them to you.

"I already read them."

"Good. That makes this easier."

"Just give me the formula." Yasuo handed Y/n a paper that had one very, very long equation on it. Y/n read it very carefully, rubbed her temple, and smiled. 

"Congratulations."

"What?!"

"You did it. This is it. Right here. The formula of finding the center of a black hole." Yasuo had the biggest grin on his face. Old man Tsushima stood up and dropped his papers.