Chapter 14 - Hizashi

It started when Shota first told him about you. He said you were funny, and nice, and you loved sleeping (which is what he loved most about you). Hizashi listened to all this happy that his friend had found someone. When they were at school together, Shota would tell him about what the two of you did over the weekend or where you went for a date. Soon Hizashi was imagining what you looked like and what your personality was like. At first he just wanted to get to know his best friend's girlfriend, but somehow it turned into so much more. Shota told Hizashi how you were a big fan of him, and that changed something in him. He tried sneaking on Shota's phone to see a picture, but he couldn't figure out the password. Then he asked Shota what your name was, but he refused to tell him.

"Why? Just her name! Please!!"

"You have a big mouth."

"Pleeeeeeeeeease?"

"No." This only fueled his crush. He would masturbate thinking about this faceless, nameless person who's personality was the only thing he knew. He tried not thinking about you. He really tried. You were his bestfriend's girlfriend after all, and he knew it was wrong. But he failed. He thought about you all the time. Soon, he was talking about you on his podcast. Then, he had a terrible idea. To sabotage you relationship with Shota. Of course he wouldn't say outright that Shota was cheating because that's a lie, but he would pretend to think his real girlfriend was someone else. For weeks he debated whether to carry out the plan or not. He lost sleep over it. What should he do? Sacrifice his morals and integrity and his friendship for love? Everytime he thought about it he stopped himself saying that it was wrong. But then one day, without thinking, he automatically reacted and recorded his podcast. As soon as he posted it, he got a sick feeling in his stomach, but he knew he couldn't take it back.

After Shota and you had the fight about the podcast, Hizashi knew he had to help make things right. He brought Nemuri, Shota, and himself to your apartment to straighten things out. Of course, it worked. It was all a misunderstanding and you forgave Shota. Hizashi resigned to the fact that on your wedding day, he wouldn't be the one standing across from you. The only thing that kept him going and happy was that he was so close to you now. He knew your name, and what you looked like, and your personality first hand. In fact, you became close friends.

It hurt like hell knowing that he was helping you plan a wedding for you and Shota, but the guilt that was gnawing at him for months was disappearing. And then when Shota fell asleep and you asked him to come with you to look at wedding dresses, his hopes came back. That wasn't the only thing that came back. His guilt and shame came too. It was all overshadowed by the pure joy he had eseing you change into wedding dresses. It was literally a dream come true. Then he noticed you staring at him.

"What's wrong?" He gave you excuses, and forced a smile convincing you to continue trying on dresses even though he was sure the one you were wearing was perfect.

"If you say so!" The image of you holding a bouquet of fake flowers wearing the dress and a veil was ingrained into his memory forever.