Chapter 9 - Podcast

Bzzt.

'Y/n, I'll take you to meet Mic tomorrow. He has something to do today so... date night?'

'Sure. I'll probably get out of work at like 3.'

'I'll come over at 5. I have to grade some tests. Ugh.'

'I'll help you with them! I like grading tests.'

'Really?'

'Yeah. Come over as soon as schools over.'

'God, I love you.'

'Idiot, I'll see you later.'

You connected your airpods to your phone, and of course, put on Present Mic's podcast.

"GOOOOOOOOOOOD MOORRRRRRNING WORRRRLLLLLLD!!!!! Today I have IMPORTANT news!!! So... I'm meeting my friend Eraser Head's girlfriend tomorrow!" 'That's me!'  You thought.

"He tells me his girlfriend is pretty hot." 'Awwww.'

"And that she is reallllllllllllly smart." You started blushing.

"And that he loves her very much." 'How embarrassing! But at the same time, it's really cute that Shota was saying all this.'

"He didn't tell me who she was... which is why... I think it's Midnight!" You nearly choked.

"Eraser Head has had a crush on her since... well... since as long as I can remember." Immediately, you looked up the hero named Midnight online.

"I mean, who's hotter than Midnight?! Hehe, don't tell her I said that. When we were in school at UA, everyone had a crush on her." You saw the images of her pop up, and then suddenly it was obvious why everyone liked her. Your whole mood and energy went down.

"That reminds me of the time we were playing spin the bottle, actually, it was like 6 months ago. Eraser Head spun the bottle, it was a water bottle by the way. Keepin it PG-13! Anyways, it landed on Midnight, and he was super nervous, but they kissed! That's not the only reason I think it's her. Recently, they've been acting very strange around each other, keeping secrets. I walked in on them in the teacher lounge and they immediately stopped talking when I walked in." You paused the podcast and exited out of the app. Breathing a few deep breaths, you collected yourself. 'It's okay. It's okay. You know he loves you. He would never cheat. He's not that kind of person. Besides, that's not what Mic said. He just said that he kissed her... and that he had a crush on her... and that they were being secretive. That doesn't mean anything though. Just ask Shota later. He'll tell you the truth.' No matter what you said to yourself, you couldn't help but feel depressed. She was hot, not you. Shota had known her longer too. 'Why would he want me? Compared to her... I'm not even anything. She's a pro hero. Of course he would be way interested in her than in you. You just sit at a desk and do boring work. It's not even you who's doing the work, it's your quirk.' Tears filled your eyes, but you wiped them away. 'Fuck her and her stupid giant boobs.' You quickly sent a quick text to Sakiko telling her you were sick and couldn't make it to any of your appointments.

'Hope you feel better soon Y/n!'

'Me too.'

You got off the subway at a random place. You went to the nearest 7-11 and bought a few bottles of sake. Then you made your way back home to drown in your sadness.