Chapter 10 - Hangover

Knock knock knock

You suddenly woke up to a loud knocking sound. It was so loud that it echoed in your head. You clenched your pillow to your head trying to stop the sounds. It was a few minutes before-

Ping Ping Ping

Your phone went off with notifications, and you immediately turned your volume down.

Ping Ping

'Who the fuck is trying to wake me up at this time?' You fell out of your bed and looked at your phone. There were 5 new texts from Shota. Your eyes squinted at the bright light emitting off of the screen. The light hurt your head, and made you feel extremely nauseous. You crawled quickly to the bathroom, phone in hand, and threw up. 'Maybe all that sake wasn't a good idea.'  You thought. Hugging the toilet, you felt another wave of nausea. 'Oh fuck. Here it comes again.'  You felt your hair being held back, and a warm hand on your back. You got a glimpse of the person by your side before you threw up again into the toilet.

"How did you get in?"

"I'm a hero remember? I know some things... anyways, Sakiko told me you never came to work because you were sick. I didn't think you were this sick. Why didn't you call me? I could've skipped work-"

"And miss a chance to see your crush? I wouldn't ask you to do something so big for me. I'm fine. Just-just leave." Shota looked confused.

"Wha-?"

"Just leave! Please... I'll feel better if you do." If you had seen the hurt look on his face, you wouldn't have sent him away, but because Shota respected you, he complied with your wish. First, he took a small elastic out of your drawer and tied your hair back. Then, he went to your kitchen and made eggs. He came back to the bathroom, where you were lying against the wall.

"I made you eggs. They're good for hangovers. I know you have crackers, those are good too if you're still hungry... which I doubt. I'm going to leave, but if you need any help, contact someone. If not me, at least someone else... and drink water."

"I know. I'm not stupid." Shota sighed.

"I don't get it. What did I do?"

"Just ask your friend." 'Just ask your friend? What does that mean?'  He thought. 'I swear- if Hizashi had anything to do with this...'

"Was it Mic?" You turned away and didn't answer. Shota sighed again.

"I'll come later to check on you." He made his way to the door.

"Don't bother." He paused for a moment, and then opened the door and left.

The second he disappeared behind the door, you burst into tears. You needed someone, and you thought maybe, just maybe, he could've been that someone. Because of your quirk, you were distant from people. You were smarter than everyone and they were all jealous. Even when you made a friend, they would eventually leave you because of jealousy. Jealousy of your wealth, fame, and intelligence. Your walls were lined with certificates and pictures with important people. Presidents, professors, queens, kings, and famous heroes, but no one you knew personally. That's why you felt lonely. The one time you thought that would all change, it was ruined. 'I wish I never had this stupid quirk. I wish I could be someone normal.'  It wasn't the first time you had wished that, and it wasn't the first time someone you cherished left you, but it was the first time someone you loved had disappointed you.

Shota was the only one who wanted you before he knew you were smart. But even he didn't want you. He wanted Midnight.