Chapter 12 - Truth

You were eating the egg Shota made you when Midnight, Present Mic, and your boyfriend showed up in your living room.

"How did you get in again? I made sure to lock everything." You immediately recognized Present Mic because you were a devoted fangirl, and you recognized Midnight from when you searched her up online. "And why are they here?" Shota took a deep breath and walked towards you. He took out a tiny box which you assumed held an engagement ring.

"Oh, so you want a blessing now." You said sarcastically. "Congratulations-"

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO." Screamed Hizashi. You fell out of your chair, but Shota caught you. His scream was ringing in your ears, but after a few seconds, you got your hearing back.

"Hizashi. Don't make me stuff you in a locker again." Nemuri threatened.

"I'm sorry! I just can't stand anymore misunderstandings!"

"You started this whole mess." Shota growled.

"Huh?" You said still dazed after his scream.

"Y/n, hear me out right now. And if you don't believe me, use your quirk." You nodded.

"I don't love Nemuri. You are the only one I love... romantically, that is." You used your quirk, and in your head was the echoing voice saying that what he said was true.

"What Hizashi said was mostly true. I did kiss Nemuri at a party, but it meant nothing to me. We were just playing a game. And I was being secretive with her, because she was helping me with this." He held the ring out to you. "I wanted it to be a surprise, but I also knew Hizashi can't keep a secret, so I couldn't let him find out." In your head, the voice said he his statements were true.

"And, I did have a crush on Nemuri, but that was at least 10 years ago." 'It's true. Everything that he's saying is true.'

"Then-then how come I checked Mic's statements and they were true?"

"I figured that out on the way here- I do some of my best thinking while asleep. Anyways, what Hizashi was saying was true because his statements always began with I think, or his statements were his opinions. See what I mean? If he said 'I think it's Midnight' and you checked his statement, it would be true because he does believe it's Nemuri. Get it?" You nodded. It started dawning on you. Shota only loved you, but you acted so rashly without asking for an explanation. 'I'm an idiot.'

"My turn!" Hizashi kneeled down and looked at you. He reached out and held both of your hands, until Shota smacked them away. Hizashi pouted, but continued talking.

"It's true... what I said wasn't based on much fact-" Shota glared at him. "Okay, maybe it was all conjecture. BUT, I do know two things. Shota loves you very much and I really really really  want to be best man!" Despite your pounding headache, you giggled at Mic. He's exactly like what you thought he'd be. Midnight hip-checked Mic, and he fell over. She kneeled down in front of you, where Shota was still holding you after you had fallen.

"Guess it's my turn." She sighed. "I really have nothing to apologize for, Hizashi was the one who got you into this mess. But I will say I have never ever been romantically interested in this lethargic slob." You checked Midnight's words. She was also telling the truth. You looked up into Shota's dark eyes. There was almost no emotion on his face, but his eyes were hopeful.

"I'm sorry Shota." You buried your face into his chest, and he pulled you closer.

"Y/n, it's okay. It was just a misunderstanding."

"But I didn't even let you explain-"

"Then hush and let me explain right now." He held you tightly, then released you. Wiping your tears as you stood, you saw Shota shift his position so he was on one knee. You didn't even process what was happening until he got out the same tiny box from before.

"Y/n, will you marry me?"