Chapter 3 - Date

"GOOOOOOOOOOD AFTERNOOOON EVERYONE! IT'S PRESENT MIC!! AND I HAVE MORE TEA! The petty kind, if I wasn't being clear. So, my friend Eraser Head is a very antisocial person, but he got a cute girl's number at the grocery store, remember? He came to work wearing a suit. A SUIT!! He cleaned up! HE CLEANED UP! Usually, he wears a hoodie and some jogging pants, along with his trusty old black sleeping bag. BUT HE WORE A SUIT! This lady is shaking things up and I LIKE IT!" 'Wow, I wonder if I could make Shota do all that for me. There's no way. He isn't even that interested.'  You sighed. You seemed to be doing that a lot these days.

Bing!

'Hey. R u free tomorrow night?'

'Yes, I think. Why?'

'Just wondering.'

'Mmmhm. Just ask me out already.'

'Fine. Do you wanna go out?'

'It depends.'

'What?'

'What are we doing?'

'( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)'

'I'm gonna pretend I'm oblivious to what you meant.'

'I'm joking. Dinner maybe? Or a movie?'

'Hmm. What good movies are in theatres right now?'

'Idk. Just dinner then?'

'Sure. 7:00 tomorrow work?'

'Sounds good.'

':D'

Tomorrow Night

You were getting ready for your date. You chose a cute red dress, (red for good luck) and a pair of nice heels. You did your hair, and makeup, and looked approvingly at yourself in the mirror. 'Nice.'

Bzzzzt

"Hey Y/n. It's me. Can you let me in?" You pushed the speaker button.

"Yup!" When Shota got upstairs, you let him in your apartment.

"Wow."

"I know right? My apartment's pretty big for only one person, but I'm too lazy to downsize so-"

"No. I mean wow to you." You blushed.

"W-what?"

"You look... great."

"Oh, thanks. You too. Umm... you wanna come in?" He smiled, walked in, and took off his shoes.

"Wow. You're the kinda guy my mom would actually let me marry."

"What?!" You blushed really hard.

"I just mean- I- you... you took off your shoes at the door. My mom would like that." You blushed even harder.

"Already thinking about marriage are we?" Shota smirked at you. You wanted to face palm, but decided against it.

"I'm just going to get my shoes, then we'll go."

"Okay." He looked around your apartment curiously and you went to your bedroom. You came back, and he was looking at a baby picture of you.

"O-oh my god no!" You ran over to him and put yourself in between him and the picture. You were breathing hard from running that short sprint, and that's when you noticed the two of you were very  close.

"Shota I- sorry. Just the picture's really embarrassing, and I didn't really think about it 'cause I don't usually get visitors so..." Shota had a tiny smile on his face.

"Is it too early to kiss you?" The way he said the sentence made you want to melt. Your heart was beating wildly and you wanted to say yes, but you were an idiot sometimes.

"The date comes first sir." Shota turned around and laughed.

"Yes ma'am." You wanted to hit yourself with a bat. You just said NO to a kiss. From the only man you've been relatively interested in. You wanted to tear your hair out and punch yourself, but you only smiled and hoped he would give you that kiss after the date. 'Stupid idiot! I hate you!'

"So uh... you wanna go now?"

"Oh! Yeah..."