orange juice (freshly/angrily squeezed)

'Is he... flirting back?' Miya's heart leapt into her throat. They were mere minutes away from the UA gates and yet all her dreams were coming true that very second. 

She liked the purr of his voice when he said her name. Especially his husky whisper as he tried to keep the ears of the other passengers unaware. It heated the blood in her veins as if she were standing in some merciless inferno; a pawn to the will of the flames. 

'You've got no idea what I'm capable of.' His words echoed in her mind. Such promise held in such a short sentence. 

"No, I don't," she responded, breathily. Should she raise her voice any louder than its whisper, Miya feared it would shake and quiver and reveal her borderline-desperate need for him. With little thinking, she swallowed before continuing, "-but I'd like for you to show me." 

The Game became a lot more daunting when he played, but fuck, if it didn't turn her on even more. She was simply forced to play with the consequences of failure in mind. 

Failure was a dangerous equation with Shota Aizawa.

"I can show you everything and more. Anything you'd like to know, I can teach you." His gaze -she'd never seen a more intense look in someone's eyes than the way he was looking at her right now- felt good.

It was easy to see that he could break her in half from where he was -hell, he towered over her even sitting beside her- but it was the way he faced her, sitting in that taxi, that really made every receptor in her body fire off. She liked that he commanded that kind of power with such little effort. His subtle shift in body language, the act of turning to face her accompanied by that low, needy voice, was all she needed to send any straggling thoughts of ration away. 'I know he wants me. Right now.' There was no need to sense his feelings to reach that conclusion. 'God, do I want him too.' Her breathing was becoming erratic with the thought of a simple touch.

'I could do it. He'd let me. I could reach out to him, let my hand wander further and-

With the still of the cab, her body lurched forward, snapping both her and Aizawa out of their bubble.

"Okay, we've arrived!" The driver was cheery as ever. She, on the other hand, was hyper-aware of the moment that had just slipped out of her grip. "That comes to a total of eight-thousand, six-hundred and seventy-five yen." 

Aizawa was fixated on the centre console in front of him, a slight heave in his breath in and out. Undoubtedly a similar crisis to her own was on his mind. "Thank you," he said, after just a moment's hesitation, "My friend here will handle the tab." An airy wave in Keiki's direction was quickly followed by a subtle nod to her to get out of the cab, and fast. 

A warranted urgency, it seemed, as Dr. Keiki was visibly fuming. Even in the dim backseat light, she noticed his cheeks turning a red more striking than his orange sweater. Miya practically leapt out of the taxi at the sight of that. 

Upon her exit, the rain pouring from the sky drenched her instantly. The feel of the water permeating her jacket and then her jumpsuit was not immediately uncomfortable -refreshing, almost- but Miya knew it would suck later. Cold, wet and wet. 'Thank the Lord for waterproof mascara.'

"Be safe in the rain, now won't you?" The driver called to them, his parting words. Aizawa said nothing more and shut the door behind him to join her in the rain. Keiki was left in the cab, still fishing around for the money.

"Let's get out of here before the doctor has our heads." Aizawa hurried away from the road and through the UA gates.

'There's something unnervingly surreal about seeing the school at night.' Miya thought briefly, the school's grand front more imposing than usual. 'It looks different from the dorms but up close? That's something else.'