I've never used a rare coincidence as a plot device in my life!

"You're going to love this." Kamato beamed at her, linking their arms together as they made their way down the busy street. The break of dusk and its descent into nightfall had bought the Shinjuku nightlife to its peak around her. Bright lights, an excited crowd, and the sense of being alive filled the air and everything around her. 

Miya brushed off her enthusiasm with a giggle, "As long as it isn't any more food, I certainly will." She had eaten so much food today. An unholy amount. It was one of the main things they'd done, aside from checking out a few hotspots in Shibuya and a sizeable part of the East Shinjuku ward. 'I regret eating absolutely none of it.'

"I warned you not to eat so many daifuku." Her gluttony for her favourite food had earned her a playful shove, "But no, it's not food." Kamato's expression turned impish and Miya's heart pounded with excitement.

'What is she up to?' Miya raised an eyebrow and hummed questioningly. All her quirk could gather were badly-concealed feelings of delight and mischief.

Her friend still looked like the cat that ate the canary. "You don't have a boyfriend." She stated, quite unprompted and unexpectedly. Miya paled. "And I know it's not because you don't want one; one because unlike me, you like guys, and two because I've seen the way you look at that music artist of yours. Now, coming from someone with experience here -me having a girlfriend that is- being lonely sucks ass." 

"I-" Miya faltered, 'Okay that's cute as hell that she cares about my being lonely but I can't exactly just say I don't have any relationship interests because I'm too busy wanting to fuck my teacher.' "-just haven't met the right person."

"My point exactly." Kamato broke out in a grin, mischief easily picked up on by her quirk. "You need to meet people in order to 'find the right person' or whatever. So," She guided them to take a left turn, and Miya finally realised they weren't ambling with no final destination in mind. "You're 18 now. That means you can go speed dating." 

A sign above a restaurant ahead of them marked that aforementioned final destination. Speed Dating - 10 minute rounds - Meet someone! 

'Oh just fucking kill me now.' Miya winced subconsciously, "Kamato! Who the hell even goes speed dating! Plus, even if I meet someone-" 'Which I won't,' "-we're in Tokyo! I can't date someone from Tokyo, why couldn't we do this in Mustafu!"

"Oh, get over it. Tokyo isn't far from us anyway. You'll have fun." Despite her efforts to cheer Miya up, the hurt on her friend's face was prevalent and Miya could sense her disappointment with her quirk. 'Okay, I forgot. This isn't just for me. She planned this, least I could do is appreciate it.'

She sighed softly, a small smile playing on her lips, "Okay, maybe you're right." What's the worst that could happen? "...but won't your girlfriend have a problem with you speed dating?"

"Oh. Ohohoho. Nope. I'm not joining you." Kamato chewed on her lip, finally revealing the catch. *That's* the worst that could happen. 

"Wait, what." Miya looked at her incredulously. 

Kamato shrugged; her nonchalance with the situation a disconcerting replacement for what Miya had hoped would be at least a shred of sympathy. "Yeah. I'm getting the next thing ready -you're going to love it by the way- so to kill time and keep you from the surprise, you're going to stay here." With a pat on the shoulder, she unlinked their arms, "I'll probably be back in around an hour. Probably." Kamato must have seen her face (an absolutely horrified expression), because she followed up with  "They're ten minute rounds, time will fly. Don't worry about it."

-

She took a place at the empty booth in the far back corner and snuggled her way into the corner and out of sight. Making herself as unnoticeable as possible was the key. Miya sat facing away from the door, to avoid encouraging anyone to sit with her in case their eyes accidentally met. Just because Kamato had signed her up for this didn't mean she had to participate. More to the point, Miya couldn't really envision getting chatty with a new guy tonight, especially not after the dream she'd had last night. It was too lewd for her to even glance in another man's direction.