it's only half an hour

After the day before, Friday was hell already and he was barely an hour into it. Shota had lost so much sleep last night, his eyes felt like they'd roll out of their sockets if he kept his eyelids open for longer than a fraction of a second.

It was no wonder why that was, really.

'God, I'm an idiot!' To say the guilt was simply eating away at him was an understatement -it was necrotising. 'What the hell was I thinking? I shouldn't have given into her so easily.' It was true and he knew it. No matter how strongly she was coming onto him, how close together she put their bodies, how softly she eased his mind or how intoxicating her very presence was to him, he was supposed to be the one to draw the line. So far, that was going very poorly.

It had thrown him off balance on the night before's patrols, that he almost let a criminal escape. Almost. But he was nothing short of brutal with the small-time villain after he'd tried to escape. 

He'd been nothing short of brutal with himself either, after he arrived back to his dorm. He'd had his cock in hand, pumping viciously with his thoughts fully centred on her. No overthinking, no guilt, no shame; just the sweet release of tension, anger and lust. It felt overwhelmingly good to allow himself a single moment to indulge. 'Nothing more than that.' He told himself, but who was he to decide that, really?

Slamming a hand down next to his keyboard (emails would have to wait), he sighed deeply. Whatever these feelings were that he had for Miya Yoritoki would have to cease and desist. Shota also had a feeling that convincing her to stand down would be a far cry from easy.

'So long as nothing happens, I shouldn't have to interfere much. Keeping myself in check would be enough, right?' He almost scoffed at the thought; there was less truth in it than a con-man's promise and he knew it. Despite his sudden realisations gnawing at him, he shoved all doubts to the back of his mind. 

Ignorance,' he decided sleepily, '-is a better sentence than shame.

A message from the UA admin flashed onto the monitor in front of him but it took a solid second for him to realise that. Blinking the fatigue out of his eyes, he opened it. 

'Attention UA Staff,

There will be a mandatory conference occurring on Friday evening and Saturday in Tokyo regarding upcoming developments concerning the League of Villains and insight from international correspondents. The necessary accommodation has been handled and this conference will count towards income.

Further details will be discussed later today. If you are unable to attend this conference, please respond immediately with the circumstance preventing attendance.

Administration.'

Shota hung his head in his hands, groaning, 'You've got to be kidding me.' The precious little time he had spare from weekend patrols was gone, just like that. 

"Well." He said out loud, expressing his irritation to the void. "I guess I'll pack a fucking bag then." 

He downed the rest of his coffee, barely awake enough to realise he'd done it.

-

Shota sauntered into classroom 3-A like there wasn't a care on his mind. Which was a lie. But they didn't need to know that.

So much for this two weeks being a break from his stressful 1-A class. This was a whole different type of stress. Speaking of which, he should probably touch base with Hizashi to make sure his students weren't dead yet.