ƒαтє ιѕ ρυℓℓιηg уσυ мιℓєѕ αωαу

αησυт σƒ яєα¢н ƒяσм мє
──────✧✦✧──────
「03」

Lee Felix

"Felix, darling, why don't you change into your pyjamas?"

I internally grimaced in disgust at the fake kindness laced in mum's voice. With a mouth full of crumbled cookies, I mumbled a 'later'. Why does she have to care anyway?

Well. Maybe I look suspicious today. It was 10 pm (on a peaceful night, because Soyeon was out with her supposed 'friends') and I sat on the sofa with a jar of chocolate cookies in my hands. As normal as that sounds, I was also all dressed up. That's the suspicious part. I chose to wear a brand new oversized yellow sweater, the front hem tucked into my black three quarters. A matching black beret sat over my neatly combed blond strands. After another cookie, I stood up and placed the jar on the coffee table.

"I'm going to bed, goodnight Mum."

Mum smiled sweetly at me, and I returned her fake smile with one of my own, before she shifted her gaze back to the magazine in her hands. I trudged up the awfully large spiral of stairs. (The excess sugar in my system made me feel sluggish). I headed straight to my room on the first floor. Once I shut the door, I made sure to lock it behind me. A strange wave of excitement filled up inside me. I impatiently glanced at the clock.

10:11 pm.

Walking over to my bed, I flopped down and decided to take a small nap.

Like my body clock was used to being awake at the late dark hours, my eyes fluttered open in the midst of the night. I sat up and rubbed my eyes before shifting my attention to my bedside digital clock. 12:51 am.

Suddenly wide awake, I jumped to my feet and flicked the light switch on. I needed to fix my appearance first. I trotted across my room and into my walk-in closet to take a good look at myself in the mirror.  After adjusting the beret and dusting my sweater, I grabbed my strawberry mist and sprayed it over myself.

This should do.

Without making a noise, I tiptoed my way downstairs. The lights were turned off, except for the night lamps in the living room. The dim golden lights did barely anything to illuminate the voluminous living space.

 The dim golden lights did barely anything to illuminate the voluminous living space

I successfully made it into the kitchen and stopped to calm my breathing. What is my heart pounding so loud for?

Then, the question I had been avoiding popped into my mind once more. Why exactly am I sneaking out today when Soyeon isn't home?

Shrugging it off, I carefully unlocked the enormous French door leading to the backyard. I didn't have to look for guards since they'd normally be in the front during these hours. I tiptoed to the gate, unlocking the smaller one on the side. Once I made it out of the hell I call home, I took off running.

In the dead of the night, only my footsteps could be heard along with crickets in the bushes by the roads. I traced my way to the familiar park. The one place I go to when I sneak out. It also happened to be the only place I knew how to get to, since I was never allowed to go outside by myself.

Every other time, I'd head straight to the swing and plop down onto it to drown in my thoughts. But today, I found myself walking around the grounds, searching here and there. The impatience grew inside me, and I could no longer suppress it.

Almost as if my desperation had echoed in the silent night, I felt a tap on my shoulder right then. I jolted and turned around, completely caught off guard. I stumbled a few steps back, almost losing my balance. But once my eyes met the warm almond gaze that refused to leave my mind since the previous night, my heart skipped.

"Were you looking for something, baby?"
──────✧✦✧──────

a;n - guys... i think the 'i'll update every four days' isn't working.. i kinda made a miscalculation of how impatient i am............. forgive me? (',,•ω•,,`)