вυт тнєяє αяє мσυηтαιηѕ

αηтнєяє αяєσσяѕ тнαт ωє ¢αη'т ωαℓк тняσυgн
──────✧✦✧──────
「12」

Bang Chan

Since when did I start looking forward to midnight?

Maybe since that one rainy night I headed out in search of my target. I found him. I didn't kill him. Instead, here I am, eagerly waiting to meet him, to hear his voice, see his smile. And to protect him.

Getting paid millions to eliminate someone, the last thing I'd have expected was to be met with a teenager so full of innocence. It wasn't normal. This amount for a pure boy who's done nothing. The time I was hired to assassinate a notorious money launderer, it didn't reward even half of this amount.

Out of the blue, small hands snaked around me from behind. I jolted out of my thoughts.
"Felix, baby, don't scare me like that." I chuckled. I heard his childish grin.

Without letting go, he moved himself in front of me and engulfed me in a full hug. I wrapped my arms around his precious little body. It's just a hug, so why is my heart racing?

He nuzzled closer. "Channie..?" He called out. I hummed in response.
"Can I do this more often..?"

I brought my hand to his hair to run my fingers through the fluffy strands. "Do what?"

He moved his head back just enough to make eye contact, his gaze brimming with hope. "This.. Hugging you like this."

I ruffled his hair and smiled. "Of course baby."

Felix continued to stare at me.
"And.. th-this too?" His cheeks reddened.

"This?" I ruffled his hair once more, and he melted to my touch in response. I couldn't help but chuckle. "Anything you want."

Felix grinned. Then his eyes darted away as he traced his lips with his tongue. After a moment, his gaze met mine again.

"You want something else too, right?" I guessed, and a cheeky grin formed on his lips. "What do you want, baby?"

He chewed on his bottom lip as his cheeks flushed redder. He thought for a while, then looked away. "Nothing.. Can we lie down and watch the stars?"

I narrowed my eyes. Surely that wasn't what he had wanted to say, but who am I to refuse? I smiled, then took the initiative to sit on the damp grass, and he did so too. We then lied on our backs and a comfortable silence fell over us, a warm and satisfying feeling. I just had to push reality further to the back of my mind. The reality that I was lying here stargazing with a target. A target that I was hired to assassinate. No way in hell I'd do that, though. But it meant he was at a greater risk. It wouldn't be long until the client contacts rival gangs. It wouldn't be long until somebody else tries to kill Felix. Catching me by surprise, I felt Felix's hand brush against mine. I twined our fingers. I felt his gaze on me, so I turned my head to meet his eyes; his caramel eyes that held swirls of emotions I couldn't read.