ωнαт ιƒ ωє яєωяιтє тнє ѕтαяѕ?

ѕαу уσυ ωєяє мαє тσ вє мιηє
──────✧✦✧──────
「06」

Bang Chan

"You're finally here, Channie."

Felix's voice was heavenly. Happiness was laced in his cheery tone. I naturally melted into a smile as I walked towards the bench. Being too large for him, the lilac sweater exposed his silk neck. And his shoulder, partially. He looked so small and delicate. So precious. So protectable.

"Did you wait for long, baby?" I didn't take my eyes off the angel as I sat beside him, leaving a moderate distance. Because I was afraid I'd taint him if I got too close.

He was just, so pure. So innocent.

His freckled cheeks turned rosy. He lowered his gaze with a tiny smile plastered on his adorable little lips. "I couldn't wait so I came a bit early." He returned his gaze to me. His face was even redder. "C-Can I.. Um.."

I waited, urging for him to continue with a nod.

He fiddled with his fingers.

"Can I hold your hand?"

I blinked a few times. What is this? I chuckled and held my hand out. He placed his hand in mine. His small, small hand. I wrapped my fingers around his hand. It fit entirely inside my palm. Why? Why must this boy be real?

A gasp escaped his lips. "Wow.. You're real." He giggled.

"Of course I am. What's surprising is how YOU are real, I'd say." I replied, still holding onto his little hand. His shoulders seemed to have relaxed.

We sat in silence for a while, hands intertwined and a content smile on his lips.

"Um.. Can I bring you something tomorrow? Like cheesecake or something.." He mumbled, the last bits barely a whisper.

I was taken aback once more. I stared at him for a few minutes. His pretty caramel eyes sparkled with hope.

Cheesecake, huh? I let out a sigh. That squirrel would love some.

"My friend would love that." I blurted out. I almost regretted saying so, afraid that Felix would be disappointed. Instead, a huge smile formed on his features. His eyes shone like they held the universe.

"You've got a friend? What is the person like? What does it feel like?"

What is this reaction? This boy is full of surprises. And it quite intrigued me. "What does what feel like?"

"What is it like to have friends?"

My heart dropped.

His hopeful eyes awaited my answer eagerly. The genuineness of his voice sparked something in me. A mixture of adoration and sadness. 

"It's.. It feels like home. Safe, loved. There's four of them. Jisung, Seungmin, Changbin and Woojin.." I trailed off, unable to speak. The innocence radiating in his eyes distracted me. It was filtered with a tinge of loneliness.

He stared at me for a moment, then fumbled to find the right words. "I want to be your friend too, Channie.."

I struggled to suppress the growing urge to just, pull him into my arms. "Of course, babe."

Or you can be more than that. More than a friend. I stroked his hand with my thumb. He released his lips from between his teeth and broke out into a full smile.

A smile so pure I wish I hadn't seen it.

I wish I hadn't witnessed something so, so vulnerable. It stirred unfamiliar feelings in me. The urge to protect. But also, the desire to corrupt.

In the silence of the night, I heard my heart thud. He looked so impossibly happy.

He then inhaled. "I wanna bring cheesecake for um.. Your friend.."

I chuckled. If his hand wasn't clasped in mine, I'd have subconsciously reached out to ruffle his hair already. "Jisung is your age. Do you wanna meet him?"

His face lit up and he straightened his posture, like he's about to explode with happiness. "Yes! Can I? Is it really fine?"

"Yeah." I smiled. "I'll take you there tomorrow."

And Woojin will finally understand why.

I can't kill such an angel.
──────✧✦✧──────