QUINQUE (i)

SEPTEMBER 1ST
[amala]
i felt uncomfortable. i moved around. i opened my eyes and i wasn't in my room i shoot up from the bed and realize that i was at mariano's crib. i could hear his dukes downstairs and i could see his brother and him grilling some meat. two twos i was probably watching them for about 10 minutes. i think he felt me peering him. he looked towards the window saw me and smirked, patted his brother on the before he whispered in his brothers ear and made his way into the house. shortly after he came in.
"wassup mamas? sleep well?"
"yea but mar."
"what"
"i need to go home i don't have clothes so i think i should go home."
"not necessarily" he shrugged.
"enfant! i know you lying- bruh i can't be musty."
"you underestimate me sooo much amala." he shakes his head before saying
"i had josh bring you some clothes and we have extra towels and tooth brushes."
"oh really thank you?"
"yea look in the drawer that's on your side. i thought you'd look in there."
"why would you look in there. but i appreciate this but i honestly think i should be with my family. especially my grandparents."
"wait why don't our families do it together? a jamaican x mexican cookout."
"that could be a motive. but yea i'm going home."
"aight i'll drive you there."
as we went downstairs i saw his dukes busy watching tv. i said hello and goodbye because i have manners unlike a lot of these people in toronto that think they can enter your house without talking to anyone. oof. that was a rant. um chile anyways so now i'm in his car and i'm just jamming to come thru by summer walker acting like i'm singing to him. he sorta blushed at the chorus which was kind of cute. the song potential from summer's album started playing so i put my phone on the phone holder gps thing where you can see both of us to record.
"you've got potential, you got, you" i sang while stroking his face. he started smiling. i realized that he doesn't smile too often. i lowered the music and asked
"why don't you smile more? it's adorable."
he looks at me smiles and shakes his head slowly back to the road.
"i don't know. i guess i just like my resting face."
i nod at him and just continue singing summer's songs.

[her place]
i was leaving his car and i heard him say
"uhm can you send me that video that you took in the car and also my mama dukes told me to tell your family that they're going to start the cookout at 6pm so i'll pick you all up at that time."
"sounds great baby boy" i blew him an air kiss and he pretended to catch it.

———
i feel like my story is boring🥺