letter six

4. Oktober 2014.

Dortmund, Deutschland.

Dear Jürgen (I was VERY surprised to find out you're a halfer),

I told my parents that my Mexican penpal turned out to be one of us (well, only half of you). They were thrilled and I'm convinced they practically want to adopt you. Haha. They want to know if you know where your dad's family is from because maybe we might know them. The country is small and though there are a lot of people, who knows, we might know the ever so nice Damm family ;)

Perhaps they know you by the name 'Honey' in Deutschland? I might ask around. jk.

I was thinking of how you connected my name with Frida Kahlo and I have come up with a theory. That you ARE THE MALE VERSION OF HER.

I'm pretty sure she was half-German and half-Mexican, so are you.

Two straight losses?

I don't know what to tell you.

Hey, do you play for your university's team? Or do you just play at the park with your friends or something? Cause I looked up your school (Universidad Autonoma del Estado de Hidalgo? I might have spelled it wrong) and it says they have a football team so I was just wondering if my little penpal is a university footballer ^.^ What's the name of your team? What's your jersey number? What position do you play? :D Tell me about it all, I love football!

And I would love more recipes!

Then I can impress Deutschland with home-style Mexican cooking. Muahaha.

If your mum sends me one of those tortilla presses, I will worship her. I tried to find tortillas this week and they had none. So we ate our taco stuff with bread, BREAD Jürgen. Sigh. It just wasn't the same.

*is now patiently awaiting her tortilla press with step-by-step intructions on how to use it*

Oh my gosh, Jürgen, it is not spelled 'maomas'. What even is that? SLAP YOURSELF. It is spelled maoams and they are the best. Your dad knows what's good, honestly. Its my favorite sweet besides those cute little coca-cola shaped gummies. This week I sent some of those for you to try. Sorry if you end up getting cavities.

And aww, how nice.

I bet your dad misses his home.

Why did he leave anyway?

Okay. So here are some things about me; my name is Anna-Frida (but you knew that already), I'm in my second year of university, nineteen years old, I have two brothers and two sisters (Thomas, Kristian, Agnetha, and Sabine), my favorite football team is Borussia Dortmund (the best), and I couldn't draw anything to save my life. Its seriously embarrassing in one of those horribly tragic ways. You would laugh at me.

Now its your turn to tell me some facts about you.

Surprise me!

Sincerely,

Frida.

-

new letter for you guys to read.

i'm super tired.

so i'm going to sleep.

BUT TODAY WAS A GREAT DAY CAUSE CHIVAS BEAT MONARCAS. 2-1 BABYYYYYYY. NOW THAT THE TOURNAMENT IS OVER, MY BOYS FINISHED THE APERTURA 2014 WITH THEIR LAST SHRED OF HONOR THEY HAD LEFT.

cause this game was practically the one that would define who was the bigger loser of the two.

Monarcas was in last place on the leaderboard and Chivas was second to last. with this U de G needs to lose so my babies can move up another spot.

i know second to last place is nothing to be proud of, but its good enough for me. its certainly better than last place and i just know my team will soon recover. they can't let 108 year of history go down the drain.

anyway, thank you all for reading.

i love you.

-clary xx