epilogue

day one hundred and sixty three . 

It had taken Frida a few hours to decide, after she had gotten permission from her parents. And five days later, the Becker family was accompanying the Damm family to Chile. Their first destination was Vina del Mar, where the seleccion Mexicana would be facing Bolivia at Estadio Sausalito. 

His family had been good at keeping her presence a secret, and Frida tried her best not to let her excitement show. As far as he knew, she was still upset that he wouldn't be able to visit her.

The stadium was in a south american country that was far down in the continent, making it a significant distance from the home of the guest team. Bolivia was much closer. But when it came to fans, Mexico was represented with thousands of fans in the stands. Bolivia would be the team wearing green during that game, which meant Mexico would be forced to dress in their red jerseys. The stands were painted in Bolivian green, but the tricolor wasn't left behind.

A multitude of red jerseys painted the stadium, letting the players know they were supported by their fans. They believed in them, the men representing their pride and honor; a team representing Mexico.

Frida dressed in a red jersey with his name and number on the back. Due to the heat of the month of June in Chile, she wore jean shorts and black sneakers. Her jet black hair was pulled back into a pony tail. Her sister Agnetha sat right beside her and her older brother sat to the other side. All of them were excited to watch Jürgen play live for the first time.

The ocassion was made even more special because it would be Jürgen's first time playing along side the national team.

His family had been able to get great seats despite the last minute plan to bring Frida and her family along and the German young woman felt her heart speed up when she saw the two national teams walk out onto the pitch. 

In all honesty, her eyes were trained on the men with scarlet jerseys and charcoal black shorts. Their knee high socks matched the color of their jerseys in the same brilliant red tone, but had a lightning bolt design halfway up, which created the shape of the letter M. It was an for Mexico, the country they would fight hard to defend on the pitch.

Frida spotted a thin young man walk out and she was certain of recognizing him before she even read the name on the back of his shirt. He was tall, a few inches taller than most of his team mates. His hair was brown, but with hints of gold tint when the sun hit him at just the right angle. He would be talking a couple more steps before turning to face the crowd for the anthems. Her brown eyes checked the name on his shirt. This was the moment of truth for Frida. J. Damm, number twenty-five

When Frida was finally able to actually see him, she was filled with a sense of excitement and joy. Now she would get to hug him like she's been waiting to, but most importantly, there wouldn't be a distance problem or the problem of different time zones, at least for a few days.

Her sister Agnetha nudged her and when Frida turned, she saw her sister wiggling her eyebrows at her. "You're boyfriend is handsome, Anni." She teased.

Frida went red in the face. "Aggie!"

"What?" Shrugged her younger sister. "I wanted to mention it before, but mum wouldn't let me because of the pact both of you made. He's just lucky you're not ugly." Agnetha joked.

"Jürgen isn't like that." Frida assured her sister. "I think that if I were an unnatractive person on the outside, he wouldn't be worried by that. I fell in love with his heart, and I hope he fell in love with mine. I don't care if you tease me for it, but sometimes one can fall in love when they look with their heart, not with their eyes."