𝖎. body hunting in the woods

FRESH BLOOD
i. —— BODY HUNTING IN THE WOODS

 —— BODY HUNTING IN THE WOODS

▢ ▢ ▢ ▢ ▢ ▢ ▢ ▢

     "No." Was the response that came out of Evelynn's mouth without putting much thought into it.

     "Why not?" Stiles whined. Evelynn groaned internally, knowing that she had to find some pathetic excuse. It's not like she can openly talk about her situation to her best friend about what the blood does to her.

     "Blood makes my tummy feel queazy." Evelynn stated with a shrug. Her subconscience was practically scoffing and laughing sarcastically. 'It doesn't make me queazy, it makes me lose control and go on a killing rampage.' Evelynn thought bitterly.

     "Blood makes you feel queazy?" Stiles questioned with a raise of his eyebrow. Evelynn nodded, making a 'duh' expression on her face.

     "Yes." Evelynn replied a bit irritated. "Look Stiles, just go on without me. I'm not changing my mind."

♱     ♱     ♱

     "Are we seriously doing this?" Scott McCall questioned as the three best friends jumped out of Stiles' baby blue jeep. After Stiles persuaded -more like black mailed- Evelynn to go, they had also went to pick up Scott.

     "I second that." Evelynn spoke as she walked next to Scott, Stiles in front of them holding a flashlight as he lead them into the forest.

     "You're the one always bitching that nothing ever happens in this town." Stiles replied. Evelynn huffed, but agreed with Stiles. Nothing tragic has happened in the town ever since the Hale fire, and now that there's a dead body in the woods is quite interesting.

     "I was trying to get a good night sleep before practice tomorrow." Scott protested. Evelynn rolled her eyes, holding back a scoff. The three of them knew very well that Scott had no chance at playing on the team what so ever because of being asthmatic. And Stiles, well, sucked. There was no need to beat around the bush because it was the simple truth.

     "Right, cause sitting on the bench is such a greuling effort." Stiles replied sarcastically. That earned him a whack on the shoulder from Evelynn. "What the hell?!"

     "You say it as if you don't sit on the bench as well, Stiles." Evelynn huffed. Stiles just ignored her, knowing it was true.

     "No, because I'm playing this year. In fact, I'm making first line." Scott said in as-a-matter-of-fact tone, ignoring his two friends argument.