𝖝𝖛𝖎𝖎𝖎. co-captain

FRESH BLOOD
xviii. —— CO-CAPTAIN

▢    ▢ ▢    ▢ ▢    ▢ ▢    ▢

▢ ▢ ▢ ▢ ▢ ▢ ▢ ▢

Evelynn looked around worriedly for the spastic boy. She hadn't seen or heard from him after she had vanished from the cafeteria, and to make matters worse, he hadn't shown up for his first game. Evelynn quickly pushed past the people as she tried to make her way down the bleachers and into the school along with the lacrosse team who were hyped because they had won and they were going to state once again.

"Stiles? Stiles! Has anyone seen Stiles?" The voice of Scott McCall rang through the brunette's ear, causing the girl to push against the lacrosse players.

"Scott? Scott!" Evelynn called out once she spotted said male looking around frantically.

"Have you seen Stiles?" Scott questioned, grabbing her hand to pull her towards him and away from the hyped boys. Evelynn shook her head, looking around in worry for the spastic male. She pulled out her phone from her back pocket, dialing Stiles' number for the fiftieth time that night. Mean while, she had failed to notice Allison bumping into Scott.

"You were pretty awesome out there." Allison commented with a giggle. Evelynn looked up from her phone after she had sent five text messages to Stiles, her eyebrows furrowing at the sight of Allison with Scott. The fact that Allison was smiling made her frown in confusion. Only hours ago, she had told him to give her time.

"Thanks. You, too." Scott replied. The two stayed silent, Allison furrowing her eyebrows while Scott had realized what he had said. "I mean, that's not what I meant."

"No, no, I, um, did some pretty awesome cheering. You can thank me." Allison responded.

"You did?" Scott questioned, a smile forming on his face.

"Totally. I went from, "Go, team, go," to "Defense, defense," without a breath. I brought my A-game." Suddenly, one of the guys had barged in between the two, changing 'state' which eventually caused Allison to slip away. The guy continued his chant, although his voice had lowered when Scott hand shot him a glare. Evelynn covered her hand, stifling her laughter as she watched the guy walk away, still changing state.

Evelynn left her place against the wall and walked up to Scott, placing a hand on his shoulder. She watched with him as Allison left with her father following behind. Soon enough, Jackson had walked up to the pair, and began to once again, taunt Scott.

"Isn't that just heartbreaking? Gosh, I bet it causes a lot of sleepless nights." Scott went to grab Evelynn's arm, pulling her away from Jackson. Evelynn glared at Jackson along with Scott. "You know what, though McCall, I actually sympathize, which is why I'm going to make this mutual beneficial. You give me what I want, and I'll help you get her back."