𝖝𝖛𝖎. mixed feelings

⋆  FRESH BLOOD  ⋆
xvi. —— MIXED FEELINGS

▢    ▢ ▢    ▢ ▢    ▢ ▢    ▢

"You know, it was pretty stupid of you to go out there that night at school." Stiles commented. A day had gone by since the alpha incident at the school. The school had been shut down for Thursday and Friday, not that Evelynn could get out of bed if she wanted too.

"You're not the first one to tell me that." Evelynn responded with an eyeroll as she grabbed the other Reese's cup from Stiles. "Jane basically chewed my ear off after I had woken up after surgery." The two remained silent, both of them sitting silently on the couch as they watched Sleeping Beauty. It was Friday night, and Evelynn had been let out of the hospital much earlier than she was supposed to thanks to Jane's persuasion. Evelynn would've started healing and it would've rose suspicion. Something Jane or Evelynn herself didn't really want.

"You owe me a new sweater by the way." Evelynn looked at Stiles in disbelief before pushing him, making sure that she herself didn't move too much to reopen the stitches. Stiles snorted at her attempt to push him as he barely moved. He grabbed a popcorn from the bag, throwing at EVelynn who eventually caught it in her mouth. She smirked at him, raising her eyebrows whilst he rolled his eyes. "Show off."

"You're just jealous." Evelynn teased, sticking her tongue out. "Help me up." Stiles groaned, standing up from couch and leaned down, one hand grabbing onto Evelynn's upper back while his other hand went on the left side of her waist. Evelynn wrapped her arms around his neck, inhaling as she closed her eyes.

"Okay, ready? On three. One, two, three." After he said three, Evelynn sucked in her breath as Stiles lifted her up from the couch, pain shooting from her right side. Evelynn gripped her hold on Stiles and he immediately panicked. "Oh, God! Evelynn, are you okay? I didn't hurt you, did I?"

"Stiles."

"I am so sorry."

"Stiles."

"Your stitches didn't open up, right?"

"Stiles."

"Jane's going to kill me!" Stiles exclaimed, a worry expression etched on his face.

"Stiles!" Evelynn called out loudly, stopping his rambling. He looked at her in confusion and worry, furrowing his eyebrows when he saw her giggle slightly. "I'm fine." Stiles raised his eyebrow. "Really, it's okay." The buzz cut haired boy nodded his head slowly, still doubting that she was fine. The two remained silent, the air growing tense with each second ticking by. Evelynn stared at the boy in front of her, her eyes trailing all over his face, noticing the moles that scattered his face. Her eyes trailed back up to meet his hazel ones, never noticing how beautiful they looked. Without even knowing, the two slowly began to lean in, their foreheads touching one another with their lips only centimeters apart.