7

Park Jimin

Today, I woke up a bit late from I usually do. Maybe because I was exhausted from work. My body needs rest as well.

Gladly today is Saturday so I can have some time for myself. I stood up from my bed and opened the curtains to let the sun bright entered my room.

I went to my balcony to inhale some fresh air. As I stepped out, the wind blew my hair slowly. I love how gentle the wind hit my bare face. It makes me so relaxed and chilled.

"Good morning " I heard someone approached me. I looked at my right where the voice came and my gaze met Aera. She was standing on the balcony in her room while holding a cup of hot coffee.

"I don't know that you love morning air too " she said. She sounded like sneering me.

"I love fresh air. You know nothing about me so shut up " I stated, looking away directly. "You always mad at me. Can't you be nice towards me at once? " she asked

My instinct said if I stay longer here, we'll ended up arguing. So I just rolled my eyes silently and walked into my room back.

"Maybe I need to take a warm bath to relax my mind " I mumbled and went straight to the bathroom.

After showering, I decided to put on a simple black shirt with a white pants today. Suddenly, I got a call from my manager.

What did he wants at this time?

I accepted the call and put the phone on my right ear. I asked him what he wanted and he said that my dad wanted to meet me.

I sighed, "Tell him I'm busy. Stop worrying about me ". Then I ended the call. Why he wanted to meet me all of the sudden?

Why he suddenly remembered about me? What did he dream last night?

I ruffled my hair aggressively and sat on the chair beside my bed. I threw my phone on the bed and looked up at the ceiling.

The thing I talked to Uncle Seon yesterday suddenly recalled in my mind again. That girl cooked for me?

What on earth make her did that? Was she trying to show that she concerns about me? Fuck off. Concerns, loves, caring are not in my dictionary. It doesn't exists in my life. They're all fake.

Maybe she faked herself to make me to like her. Yes, I think that was her point. That's why she always wanted to get close to me.

She thinks I'm a weak guy who needs her sympathy. Maybe she felt pity on me because I have nobody. So she tried to make me look like I needed her.

Fake people nowadays.

They're everywhere.

I groaned and went down.

"Aye, good morning Jimin " the girl greeted me with a smile. I hummed and sat on my seat on the dining table.

"I cooked pancakes for us today " she said as she sat down. "I asked Uncle Seon to taste it first and he said they're good. I hope you'd like it too " she stated.

I looked down at the food and turned back to her. "Where's my maid? Isn't she's back already? " I asked.

She stopped her things and looked at me. "Um, she's not back yet because she needs to take care of her sick son " she answered.

I sighed and called for Uncle Seon.

"Yes, Sir? What can I help you? " he asked. "Hire a new maid by this afternoon. We can't only depend on Aera to cook " I said

"Hey, it's okay. I love cooking. You don't need to hire a new maid. We can just wait Aunty Ma—"

"No " I cut her words.

"My house, my rules. You have no right to tell me what to do " I said and she lowered her head a bit. I looked back at Uncle Seon and said "Make sure the new maid will start her work by this noon. I don't want to hear any problems with that " I said and he nodded his head slowly.

"Alright, Sir " he said and walked away.

"So starting tomorrow, you don't need to cook for me anymore. " I said and her face saddened. But she tried to look okay so she avoided from making any eye contact with me.

Why can't you treat me nicely for once? Is it too hard for you?

Author

Everything went as usual, and the new maid started working today.

"Hi, my name is Song Ahka. I'm 52 years old, nice to meet you " the new maid said as she bowed to Jimin. Jimin looked at her from head to toe and glanced to Uncle Seon.

"Where are you from? " he asked.

"I'm from Busan " she answered and Aera overheard it. She was super excited because Busan is her hometown. But she just kept her excitement inside herself because she knows Jimin hates loud noises.

Jimin nodded, "Are you okay to do the chores? Cooking and etc? " he asked his new maid. The old woman nodded her head, "Of course Sir. I can do all the stuffs easily without any problems ".

"Okay then. You're hired starting from now. Uncle Seon, please tell her what she needs to do and what she can't do " Jimin said. Uncle Seon nodded and Jimin walked away once he was done with his questions.

When Aera saw Jimin finally walked away, she ran to the living room and greeted the new maid.

Jimin walked into his room and locked the door. He made his way to another door (in his room)  and took the key inside his pocket. Yes, he has another room in his room.

He slowly unlocked it and walked into the room. There, inside the room, was a small desk on the side.

He pulled out the desk and took a piece of thick paper. The pic he was holding was a photo of a girl.

He stared at the pics for a pretty minute and placed it on his chest. He felt relaxed and calmed. He looked back at the pic and said,

"I miss you "

"But this cruel world won't let us happy. True happiness doesn't exists nowadays " he lowered his head but still had the pic safe in his grip.

"I'm sorry, I'm truly sorry "

•••

A/N

So what?

“Why? Why it's so hard for you to love me? ”