30

Jeon Jungkook

I turned off my laptop and slid it away from my sight. With full of frustrations, I groaned and hit the desk hardly. I went to the library today and took some books that I thought could help me and did some researches. No. Not some but I have done a lot of researches. Too many that my desk now was full with paper sheets.

I heaved a sigh and ruffled my hair in annoyance. What can I do at this point? Should I just watch it be? Of course no.

I hissed and rested my head on the chair. I've met a few knowledgeable person that could help me in this situation but I couldn't bare the answers. Their answers were all same.

None of them said that there was something I could do to fix this problem. And it messed up with my mind.

As I was busy with the thoughts that were bothering me, I suddenly remembered about someone who can really help me to solve the problems. Yes.

Author

Didn't know what was going to hit her, Aera made her way to her office. Once she stepped into the building, everyone turned to look at her. Aera thought it was normal but this time, the looks they gave her was different.

She felt quite nervous by gaining too much attention by people who isn't so close to her. "Did I do something wrong? " she asked herself as she stepped into the lift.

There, she met a girl who worked at the same level as her. A smile crept on her pretty face as she greeted the girl nicely. "Good morning. How's your day? " she asked.

The tall girl smiled back at her and answered "Good morning too, well. My day goes well so far but it's only morning. We don't what will happen to us later " she sighed and Aera didn't like her answer. But she still had the sweet smile on her face.

The lift stopped and both of them walked out from the lift and went to their office.

She arrived at her office and tried to open the door but found that it was locked. She raised her eyebrow in confusion and tried again. Still, it didn't work.

After trying for a few times, she gave up and saw the manager was walking past her. She stopped him from walking any further and asked "I'm sorry for bothering you. But can I know why is my office locked? I can't get in."

The manager furrowed his brows and walked to her office. "Is it really locked? " he asked as he tried to open it. Yes, it was really locked. He scratched his head and said "I don't know why your office is locked. It never happened before. But you can go and ask Mr Taeh— um, I mean Mr Taemin if he asked any of the workers to lock your office. Maybe he wants to transfer you to another level? Who knows, right? " he said and Aera nodded.

"Yeah, maybe " she smiled weakly and went to Taemin's office. She was quite nervous because she knows that Taemin doesn't really like her. He always treats her coldly and didn't pay attention to what she said to him. Maybe he really doesn't like her.

She sighed and knocked the door.

"Mr Taemin, it's me. Aera. Can I get in? " she asked as she waited for his response.

"You can get in if you're Kim Aera " he said and Aera lowered her head. "Why'd he said that? He's making me nervous. " she mumbled and pushed the door.

Taemin was standing straight while staring out of the window. "Mr Taemin. Can I know did y—"

Aera stopped when she saw Taemin raised his hand, signalling her to stop talking. He gritted his teeth and turned his heel. "You come here to ask why I locked your office, right? " he asked.

Aera gulped. "Yes. Sir " she answered and Taemin chuckled sarcastically.

"That's because you're fired "

She busted into tears after hearing those words that was threw by Taemin. It was too harsh for her to accept it.

"Did you think because you're close to my brother, you can do as you wish? So sorry but I'm not Taehyung who'll always listen to your excuses. My company, my rules so you have no right to leave this company without my permission! " he yelled.

He was mad because Aera went home without informing him. For him, it was very disrespectful when an employee leaves without asking for permission. He's a strict person so he rejects excuses.

"I don't want to hear anything from you so get out from my office right now! " he demanded in such a frightening tone.

"But Sir, let me explain first " Aera tried to make him reconsider his decision. She loves her work and it was her dream to be a fashion designer. She worked so hard to get into this position. And Gorgeous Company had always been her dream company.

Taemin growled and hissed at her begs. "Didn't I told you? I hate explanations so don't you dare to give me one " he said and crossed his arms.

He saw her tears.

He rolled his eyes, "Stop with your dramas. Don't cry to get sympathy. You just make yourself look pathetic " he scoffed

"Just get out already. I have so much things to do. I'll give you 2 days to take your things out from this company. You'd better leave now or I'll ask the guards to lead you out " he added

Aera heaved a sigh and wiped her tears. "I'm so sorry for all my wrongdoings, Sir. I hope you'll have a good day and a better person to replace me. "

It was the last thing she said to her ex boss before walking out from the room.

Aera, who was still sad over the incident decided to stop by at the park and cried on the bench. She didn't want to go home in such a worst condition.

Her eyes were puffy since she cried too much. She sniffled and wiped her tears when she noticed someone sat beside her.

She covered her red nose with a piece of tissue and turned away. She didn't want anyone to see her like this. Even a stranger.

"Aera " she heard a male voice called her name. She stopped and make sure she didn't have tears in her eyes. She sniffled and turned her head to the person who just called her name.

There, she saw Jungkook was sitting beside her with a worried look on his face. "Why are you crying? " He asked.

Aera shook her head and denied his question. "I wasn't crying, Jungkook. Don't worry " she smiled.

Jungkook sighed as he knew it was a lie. "Please stop lying, you know it's obvious, right? Your eyes are red. Just tell me what happened " he said.

Aera tried to hold back her tears and took a deep breath. She covered her mouth and looked at Jungkook.

"I was fired by my company " she answered but she couldn't help the tears from rolling down. She didn't burst into tears, but it rolled down naturally. Probably because she was too sad.

Jungkook widened his eyes in shocked and shook his head. "It can't be. Why'd they fired you? Such a stupid person they are " he complained.

"It was my fault. Yes. It was all because of me. " she sobbed

Jungkook sighed and didn't want to force her. He scooted closer to her and patted her back. "It's alright, you can just work with Jimin. He's going to be your husband anyways. He'll support you no matter what" Jungkook said.

Aera nodded and wiped her tears.

"Since you're sad, do you want to get some ice cream? I heard this town has the best ice cream shop " Jungkook asked to cheer her up. Aera stopped sniffling and looked up at him with a small smile. "Sure "