The Attack

Jade couldn't sleep. Questions swarmed her head. Thoughts attacked her brain.

For example, the Trio hadn't let her out of the place where they resided in the time that she was there, or even tell her this places's address. Or town- heck, she didn't know if she was even still in England... Why, though? It remained a mystery.

She just couldn't sleep. Tossing and turning for hours.

The Trio had seemed to be whispering in the room next to her for hours. It wasn't what kept Jade up, though. She was used to the loud noises while drifting off into a blanket of darkness. This was different. This was her wondering if the Trio was hiding something from her.

Whispers got louder. Whispers. Talking. Shouting. Shushing. Arguing. Jade gave up ignoring them and listened in, feeling only slightly guilty. Her thirst for answers was just too strong:

"We have to leave soon," Harry said.

"I know, Harry, but what about Jade?" Hermione asked, concerned.

"We have to leave her here," Ron replied.

"WHAT!?!" Hermione yelled, outraged.

"Shhhh! You'll wake her," Harry told her.

"Whatever..." Hermione muttered. "We can't just leave her. She's homeless. She has no job. No money. How will she survive?"

"'Mione, I know you won't like it, but there is a war going on. People are dying and we can't waste anymore time. We have to keep looking," Harry attempted to reason.

"She can come with us!" Hermione tried. "And weren't the one who wanted to bring her here in the first place!"

"And you were the one who didn't want her here in the first place," Harry shot back. I could almost feel the tension between them from all the way in this room.

"She's weak. Apparition isn't good in that condition. And before you try, we can't walk around again. The snatchers almost got us the last time we did that..." Ron told her.

"I will not leave her here to die! What if the death eaters find her? They will torture her on our whereabouts and kill her when she doesn't give them anything," Hermione tried once again.

"Obliviate," Harry replied simply.

"She is our friend, and ally. We aren't erasing her memory, Harry! How can you even think like that?"

"I know, Hermione, but-" Ron started, trying to reason with her, but she cut him off.

"Her name is Jade! It could be her! She's been on the streets for over 20 years, yet she looks like she's sixteen years old!"

"I know Hermione, but it could very well just be-"

"Oh no you don't, Ronald," Hermione cut him off again. "She can't remember her life before a so-called accident occurred. A car accident according to her. That is what most muggles are told to tell magical people. Take Harry for example! You thought your parents died in a car crash, but it was really You-Know-Who! It could be her! And muggles call her abnormal! Think of your Aunt Petunia! The evidence adds up!" Hermione exclaimed.

What are muggles? And who is You-Know-Who?

"Then why hasn't she shown any signs for us? It could just be muggles bullying her!" Harry pointed out, challenging Hermione.

"How many people do you know of the name, Jade, in England? I'm pretty sure it's a Spanish name," Hermione asked, defending her point.

"Yeah, but we still have to be 100% sure," Ron pointed out.

"Look at the picture. They have the same features for pete's sake!" Hermione cried.

Jade could have sworn she heard Ron mumble, "Way to be quiet..."

"We have to be sure! We can't just bring her to Voldemort, only to have him kill her!" Harry cried.

"She's defiantly awake now..." Ron mumbled.

"HARRY! YOU SAID HIS NAME!!!" Hermione cried out.

"Oh sh-"

"Jade! Jade come out! Wake up! We're leaving!" Ron yelled.

Jade was really confused, but she did as she was told. Hermione pulled out a stick. So did Harry and Ron. "Wha-?" Hermione murmured some weird words that seemed to be in a different language. Everything went into a bag that Hermione was holding. It was like... Magic...

"What just happened???" Jade asked in the quiet.

"Get them!!!" Someone yelled. Where did they come from!?!

"Grab onto my hand!" Hermione yelled at me. Confused on why that worked, Jade hesitated for a split second. That second made everything change. Light started to fire from their sticks.

Why did everyone have sticks!?!

"Take my hand!" Hermione yelled in the midst of the chaos. Jade did so this time, followed by Ron and Harry.

Her body felt as though Jade was being sucked through a tube. Her insides felt like they were being crushed while she spun in a circle fifty times... Her feet touched solid ground.

"What was that?!?" Jade asked, astonished.

"Not bad... People usually throw up their first time..." Harry mumbled.

"We apparated," Hermione replied like it made everything make sense.

"Someone explain to me what just happened! Who were those people? Why are they after you? And what is it with the sticks that shoot different colored lights!?! I need answers!!!" Jade yelled.

"You better sit down..." Ron said with a sigh.