The Duel

I glided above the crowds, rushing to the courtyard, looking frantically for Harry. Once outside, I clearly saw a crowd, or army would be a better way to phrase it, approaching the castle. His army. And there he was leading them all. T-Voldemort.

The crowd seemed to be hanging out on one side of the courtyard, behind Harry. I landed next to Hermione. Ron was on the other side of her. As the cloaked army stopped on the other side of the courtyard, staying behind their leader, I made myself visible, no one but Hermione noticing. They were too focused on the Boy-Who-Lived and the most powerful wizard of his time.

I saw how his piercing gaze seemed to stare right through Harry, as if he were a mere obstacle, the only thing blocking his path towards immortality. The path that he chose because of me.

"I don't want anyone to try and help me," Harry said as though he had rehearsed that line. Well, he did. It's all apart of the plan.

"Don't listen to him. Who are you going to put in the way this time, Potter? Who are you willing to sacrifice so you don't die?" He spat. I felt a deep constricting feeling in my chest. This is what he had become. A murderer. If I didn't have my hood on, hiding my face, someone may have noticed a single tear roll down my face.

I need to stay strong.

"No one," Harry replied to him simply.

"You really think your going to win, Potter?" He spat the 'P' like it were poison.

"Yes," He replied.

"But the thing is, I still have them left. I still can't be killed."

"I know we haven't destroyed all of your horcruxs yet," Harry replied. Multiple gasps were heard through the crowd from all those who knew what a horcrux was. But, what did they expect. He is a murderer. "But we have something that you don't."

"What do you have that will possibly defeat me? The greatest sorcerer in the world!"

"As I told you in the Chamber of Secrets, Riddle-"

"You dare!?!"

"Yes, I dare. As I was saying, as I told you before, Albus Dumbledore is the greatest sorcerer in the world!"

"Albus Dumbledore was killed on my orders! He couldn't even protect himself! Now, he is gone and I have the elder wand. The most powerful wand in the world!"

"Wow, you really are dense, aren't you? Dumbledore was already dying when you ordered for his murder. Snape was never on your side." Seems as though Harry had looked through the memories. "Ever since you ordered the death of my Mother, he has been in the Order. On our side! Why? Because he loved her. You never saw his patronus, did you? If you did, you would have saw that it was a doe. The same as my mother."

"Don't lie to me, Potter. He only fancied her. He agreed that there were other women," Tom hissed back.

"It was a lie. As was his loyalty to you."

"I still don't see how any of this matters. I killed Snape! I killed him while you were to busy watching your friends die."

"Ah, but your plan has backfired there, as well." I saw a flicker of fear cross his emotionless face. It... I just can't believe how much he has changed...

"In two ways. Didn't you ever listen to Ollivander? The wand choses the wizard. Snape was never the owner of the elder wand. Dumbledore and he planned the so called murder between them. Because of this, the wand was never Snape's. It went to the person who disarmed him. The person who never even laid a finger on the wand. Draco Malfoy." Malfoy had a kid... I feel bad for his wife...