The Decision

Jade's P.O.V.

"Wake up. Please. Tom. Wake up," I begged through my sobs. My hands were on his wrist, desperately trying to heal them. I had fixed the cut by so much blood was out. I was trying every spell I knew to help. 

He wasn't waking up.

A minute passed.

The longest minute of my life.

The worst minute of my life.

I thought his life was over.

That was until I saw him take a gasping breath, eyes opening wide.

I rushed to give him a hug. "D-Don't do that ever again," I whisper in his ears.

I can almost feel his eyes widen in shock that I was the one to be there when he woke up and that I was the one who saved him. 

As I pulled away from the hug, I gasped. He wasn't Voldemort anymore. He was Tom Riddle. His face was his natural color, just a little pale, his eyes had life in them, and he had a nose. When he spoke, his voice wasn't cold. It was like music. "How?" He asked me again.

"I healed you," I told him.

"Not that. How are you alive? How are you here?" He asks. He sounds confused. But not unhappy. But I can't help but hear the regret in his voice and see it in his eyes.

"Someone kidnapped me and erased my memory. I lived in the muggle world. Harry brought me back."

"Potter?" He asked, disbelieving.

"Harry," I tell him. I quickly jump in before he can question me any further. "He doesn't have to kill you."

"The prophecy said-"

"The prophecy is wrong-well, tampered with..." I left the part about me out.

"Then what does it really say?" He asks.

"I don't know..." I say. It wasn't exactly a lie. I had never heard the full prophecy. Only my task.

We stayed there in silence for a while, just staring at each other. At this point we were both standing up in the center of the dark room.

"So... What do we do now?" I ask awkwardly.

"We?"

"You don't think I'm going to do anything alone, do you? And you don't think I'm gonna be leaving you to do it on your own? Not after so long being away..." I say.

"Y-You don't hate me? For what I did?" He asks, still finding everything hard to believe.

"No. I'm mad at you. In fact, mad, angry, furious are too little of words to say how I'm feeling. I'm disgusted by what you did. But, no. I don't hate you," I confess.

"Your the only one..."

"I'm not. What about Crabbe, Goyle, Nott, Rookwood? Your best friends."

"I drove them away. I have no one."

"Well, now your not alone," I tell him.

He looks at me for a moment before shaking his head. "No. I deserve to be alone." I saw tears well up in his eyes. "I deserve to be alone," He repeats.

"No you don-"

"Yes, I do." Tears were now streaming down his face. "I killed. I invaded people's minds. I tortured until they couldn't even remember their own names. I murdered innocent families for I could live for forever! I deserve to be alone!"

"Well, with an attitude like that, you really don't deserve anything!" I reply, losing my patience. "Go," I tell him. "Go to an island. There is one far off the west coast. Go there. Build a house. Start a new life. Go."

"Wh-"

"Go. I will take care of everything here." He didn't move. "Just go," I sigh. "I'll meet you there soon." That seemed to take him by surprise. He started to open his mouth to say something, but decided against it. I watched as he disappeared in a crack.

He was gone.

I walked out of the room, retracing my steps, navigating through the maze of corridors. I made it to the front door and was greeted by my friends.

"Where's Tom?" Nott asks. I shake my head. 

"You've been crying. Why?" Rookwood observes the moist marks down my cheeks.

Time to fake everything. For the next days, weeks, maybe even months, I will be living a lie.

"He's dead."

"What?" Goyle asks in shock.

"T-The prophecy... I... I killed him..." 

They looked down to the ground. Crabbe raised his wand with a lumos on. Goyle followed his example. Then Nott. Then Rookwood. Then I did, raising my finger to the sky, with a small flame instead of lumos.

We stayed like that for a few minutes, which seemed to last a lifetime. We were the only people who would actually ever tribute Tom. The only people who really ever knew him. His best friends. His love.

They walked to an apperation point and went into Hogsmead. They walked up to the castle, silence lurking over the group the whole way.

"JADE!!!" Hermione yelled when she saw their group approaching. Ron and Harry came to her side. "What happened?"

"I-I did it..."

"Did what?" Ron asks.

"I killed him."