Chapter Five - Tug

Unsure how you managed to fall asleep, obnoxious birds the next morning became your alarm clock, the sun already high in the clouds showing it was well past noon. You groaned and looked over finding your breakfast already waiting for you on the nightstand with a note laid out strategically.  

Reaching over you grabbed the note between your middle and forefingers, eyeing the pill neatly laid beside a bottle of water. Noticing a fluffy omelette next, perfectly folded that had probably grown cold by you unfortunately sleeping in too late.

Skimming over the letter lazily, adept handwriting flowed across the page, almost too methodical to be done by someone's hand.

      Good morning. 

I left your painkiller out this time for you 

to take when you’re ready.

A few of us are heading out to gather supplies

we need for you. Please eat your breakfast, and if you need

anything just yell. Someone will come.

                                                        -Jin

You popped the medication into your mouth and unscrewed the bottle’s lid without hesitation, taking a long gulp. Dry throat soaking up the moisture like a desert finally receiving its first rain in months; then moved onto the food. 

Though cold, it was still delicious and you had no problem finishing every last morsel.

It was at that moment mother nature struck, making you self-consciously look around. You needed to use the restroom, and hated the idea that one of them had to carry you there.

Trying to hold it in for a few minutes, your bladder getting more and more aggravated as the seconds passed, you could no longer take it and sheepishly called out for one of them to help.

“Uh, guys?! Someone?!”

Loud thumps carried through the house, soon Taehyung and Jungkook burst through the door together at the same time, managing to knock each other back with their shoulders bouncing off one another at the door frame.

Tae shoving on Kookie’s chest to bolt in before he could, rushing to your aid.

“What’s wrong,” they both panicked almost in unison.

“I need to use the bathroom.”

Your gaze shifted downwards self-conciously, Taehyung’s arms sliding under your body before Jungkook had the chance to move a muscle.

“Who says you get to take her?”

“I was here first,” the sapphire haired male retaliated, pressing his cheek against yours just to irritate the brunette before purring in your ear. “Wrap your arms around my neck, babygirl.”

Timidly obeying, your limbs snaked around his broad shoulders, the hair at the nape of his neck tickling your skin when he lifted you up with ease. Catching Jungkook’s stare as Tae walked with you held in his arms bridal style. Glaring at Taehyung and pushing tongue to his cheek before he broke from your fixed look and glowered at the wall. 

‘ He must really hate losing. ’