Chapter Sixteen - A Decision

The room was plush but ordinary, nothing too fancy or memorable. Lots of neutrals and browns. Wonho sat your bag down on the mattress then quietly crossed the room to leave, glancing at you one last time before he slowly started to shut the door behind him.

"Wait," you ran over to grab the handle, which stopped him short with a startled brow raise. "You're not going to tell me what happened?"

"You know what happened, Y/n. What I want to know is why you're in my den right now. You should never have known about this world. Do you.." He peeked over his shoulder down the dimly lit hallway before pushing you inside the room by your shoulder so he could finish his sentence. His eyes glossed over as he stared into your soul with words that have been lost over the years. "Do you have any idea how many times I wanted to come see you? How many times I had to stop myself because I didn't want you to know about this world?" Your face was cupped in his large hand, practically swallowing your cheek in his palm. You didn't remember him being this way, it was Wohno but it also wasn't.. unless it had to do with him changing. "Sure, it would’ve been easier to just tell you and have you in my life, but I could never put you under a risk like that. I can't believe they brought you into this. This is no life for you. What happened to that guy you were with?"

You started to shut down, but the tears wouldn't come, you were empty; you could only stare blankly.

"How'd you know about that?" You asked breathlessly. 

"I'm a werewolf, but I'm not dead. I do have social media y’know. It's not hard to find you online. I've been watching over everyone."

"I think I want to sleep now," you breathed out, suddenly having no energy to continue the conversation. 

"Get some rest," he patted the top of your head before giving you space, beginning to leave the room swiftly. He stopped momentarily with his back turned to you to add, "I mean it, Y/n. I can't express how sorry I am that I had to go and how much I missed you every single day." And with that, he was gone, the door clicked closed before you were given the chance to respond.

After a quick shower you fell asleep faster than you had expected, your body both mentally and physically drained. It was the sound of Taehyung's baritone voice trying to wake you the following morning that unfortunately cut the well needed sleep short—which felt like you had just passed out only five minutes ago.. 

"Y/n~ Y/n~ Wake up~"

When you rolled over to snuggle down against the pillow, your eyes fluttered open, finding Tae crouched beside your bedside with a content head tilt. "Good morning, babygir—" He smiled before it faltered as the words faded as though he's hard thinking about something. "Ah, um good morning, Y/n." He corrected himself, giving another half smile before he straightened to stand.

From the door you could see a brooding Jungkook leaned against the door frame, a composed Jimin on the opposite side leaned on the door staring at his feet as he bounced one ankle off the other. 

"Good morning boys," you managed to croak out while you eased up, rubbing the sleep from your eye with the heel of your palm.

"Get dressed. We're going to grab breakfast on the road," Jungkook announced flatly. His bucket hat hid most of his face, shrouded in shadows so you weren't even sure if he was actually looking at you until he turned his head to stare down the hallway. Jimin the entire time never looked in your direction, his demeanor seeming frail.

They all seemed off, something was definitely up. 

Your brows knitted when you turned to find Tae picking at his cuticle trying not to appear too rigid, this was all the confirmation your assumption needed.