Chapter Eight - No Buts

Now towering directly in front of your body he leaned down causing you to move back, leaning forward more and more until you were practically laying down and he was using his hand on the mattress to support himself so he doesn't fall on top of your body. 

After what seems like hours of his intense eye contact he breaks out in the brightest sunshine smile, chuckling and using his free hand to cup your cheek. 

Thumb caressing over your skin by your temple and cheekbone just to set you at ease since every muscle in your body set itself rigid.

"I'm not going to bite, unless you ask me to. But first I would prefer if you would try those on before it gets too late, hm?~" 

And with that he straightened his posture and walked to the door, turning the knob while glancing over his shoulder to find you still laying on the bed staring at the ceiling wide-eyed in the same position he had left you in.

"Y/N?"

"H-Huh?" 

Shaking your head, he managed to break your trance with his voice, quickly glancing over to see his back right as he walked out of the room while he spoke.

"The dresses, Y/N?" He reminded you, since your spacing out expression was giving away your wandering mind.

Shutting the door behind him, he left you alone finally. Your lips silently mouthing an 'oh' before you whispered to no one but yourself. 

"R-Right— The clothes..."

Patting your cheeks to bring yourself back to reality, you sat up and reached for the bags that remained resting on the floor.

Tugging the hoodie off while minding your bruises, setting it aside before randomly opening the first bag you pull out whatever was on top without really paying much attention to what you're grabbing.

Eyes nearly bugged out of your cranium when you seen it was designer though. 

Practically choking on your own saliva you went to dig more, everything you pulled out was designer and all from different brands. The more you pulled out the more the price tags screamed at you for being poor.

"They have got to be kidding me? Do they have any idea how much these cost? This is like a miniature fortune right here what the hell?" 

Feeling somewhat nervous since you have never owned anything of the sort, let alone even touched it since your salary from your retail job at the mall didn't pay enough for such luxury items, you were almost too afraid to try anything on.

' What if I accidentally rip something, then they can't exchange it.. oh god... nope.. I can't do this... '

While you sat there having a midlife crisis, from outside the door Hobi's reassuring voice broke out, making you nearly flinch.

"How's it going in there baby girl? Everything fit?"

"I d-don't know.."

"What do you mean you don't know? Do I need to come in and help you?"

"N-No! ..uh, no that's okay. I haven't tried anything yet. I'm too scared."

"Scared of what? No one is going to walk in without your permission."

"That's not what I'm scared of." Your voice lowered, nearly cracking from feeling so insignificant. 

You never felt so broke before and just looking at these dresses, they called you broke in every language possible to your face.