Fall

Natalie's POV:

I was woken to the sounds of David puking. He has been sick the past couple of days and it's seemingly getting worse. Unfortunately, David's work schedule isn't helping his situation and neither is his stubbornness when it comes to taking a break. The kid is a workaholic and that's one of his aspects that I respect, but he needs to learn how to relax. I get up from my bed and enter his room and see puke all over the floor. He didn't make it to the bathroom, unfortunately. "Dave, after I clean this up, I'm canceling all your meetings for tomorrow," I say sternly hoping he will just conform to my demand. "Nat you know I can't do that," he says weakly. "Yes you can and you will, that's final!" I say aggressively not letting go of my power stance. "Nat, please," he says quietly. "Dave, if you don't let me do this, I'll call your mom," I say smirking, knowing how he is going to react. "Whoa whoa whoa, don't call my mom please, she'll be mad at me for not taking a break when I'm sick," he says with fear. "Well if you don't agree with my proposal, then I'll just have to call her," I say smiling, knowing I'm about to win the battle. "Ok ok, you win," he says defeated. "Yay, well I just finished cleaning up the puke, so I'll go send those emails now, rest now David please," I say. "Okie Dokie nat, thank you I don't know what I would do with you," he says while shifting back into a sleeping position. "I know...I know" I say under my breath while leaving his room. 

Whew! After 30 minutes of emails, I was able to cancel his entire day for tomorrow. I can't believe I was able to convince him. I mean if anyone can get through to him it would be me, but there are are few areas of his life where I can't even break into with how stubborn he is. As I shut down my laptop, I set an alarm for 8:00 am for not only my duties as an assistant but so I can let the rest of the vlog squad know not to come over.

The Following Morning

I woke up to my alarm surprisingly well-rested, even though I only had 4 hours of sleep. I guess the urge to take care of my little manchild gives me a bit of motivation. I swear we're best friends but half the time I act as his mother which how much of a child he can be, but I love those moments and frankly every moment we spend together so I can't complain. I texted the vlogsquad groupchat saying for them to not come over because David is nick and quiet is what he needs. I then clean my room and proceed to clean the rest of the house to make it easier for David to navigate his way around with everything in their proper place. As I finish cleaning, I hear David's door open and see him walk out. He still looks pretty bad, that night of sleep didn't do him much good it seems. "How are you feeling?" I ask as he plants himself onto the couch. "Not good," he says quietly which breaks my heart. "Well do you want to go to the doctor or how about the hospital?" I ask hoping he'll choose one of them at least. "No, I just wanna lay down here," he says while cuddling the couch cushions. "Hmmm fine, but if it gets worse I getting you help. I'm going to go get you chipotle now, you want anything else while I'm out?" I ask. "No, that's enough nat," he says while shifting around on the couch. I can't explain how my heart just broke with him saying nat with such a weak voice. "Okie Dokie, I won't be gone long, 30 minutes max," I say as I close the door behind me and head to the car. 

When I got back from chipotle I noticed Carly's car was here, which is weird considering the fact that I told no one to come over. I walk inside to see Carly and Erin filming with David, but David wasn't doing much considering his situation. "Hi Natalie" both Carly and Erin say at the same time. "Hi, what are you guys doing here? I thought I texted the group chat for no one to come over?" I say confused. "Well yeah but we needed a couple more minutes in our video for today and a thumbnail, so we thought we would come over and take care of it," Carly says. I was literally fuming. I felt like I had hot steam coming out of my ears. The fact that they wanted to use David to help their video make some more money by using him as clickbait while he is sick was disgusting and upsetting to me. "Look I understand, but again, he is sick and not in the condition to be filing over trying to engage in conversation. I think you guys could've easily filled up your time slot with someone who wasn't severely sick." I say as calmly as I can, even though I wanted to yell at them. "Oh, we're sorry nat, we don't just see him as money." They say rather unconvincingly for my taste. "I know I know...well, it's time for David to eat, would rather he eat his food while it's fresh and hot rather than cold. Definitely come back tomorrow if you would like, hopefully, he heals up David with the medicine I got him." I say with a fake smile on my face. "Ok forsure, bye David feel better soon," Erin says while heading to the door with Carly.