Liar

Davids POV:

Both Natalie and I are in New York for my new show's press tour. I always love coming to New York because it's definitely a different atmosphere compared to la, which is always good. Megan is also here with us, as she is my publicist, she helps so much when it comes to press tours and other traditional media events. It's nice to finally be able to talk about the show after spending weeks working on it. It was tiring, but it wasn't all bad. Natalie was always there with me when we weren't working on set. We would just be chatting and eating whatever we requested. I know she was happy because she could eat whatever she wants, unlike usually where she would have to order from whatever restaurant I pick, over here she gets her own choice. The press tour is definitely nerve-wracking as I'm not one to be put in a vulnerable position, it's usually the other members of the group, so when it comes to these things I do get nervous. 

The first few interviews were good. Men's health asked about my income and Seventeen wanted to go on a blind date and try out girly products. It's all fun and games so far which is a relief. Up next is the delish interview, which is where they ask questions and if the answer is "Yes", then I have to eat spicy candy. The first few questions were fine until I got to a question that caught me off-guard. The card says "Have you hooked up with a fan before?". I immediately started sweating and was wondering if I should lie. I have hooked up with a fan before, but that was when I first moved to la and had no girlfriend. I muster up enough courage, to tell the truth, "Yes, I have. It was when I first moved to la. 18-year old David Dobrik was a bad man" I say hoping to alleviate some pressure from the room. I quickly looked at Natalie, trying to see her reaction, but the room was dark and I couldn't find her. I don't think it's a huge deal, but I don't portray myself like that on camera, so it is definitely weird to talk about. The next few questions weren't that bad until we got to the big one. I nervous laugh as I read what the cards say, "Have you ever had a crush on Natalie?" I say "Yes, I have had a crush on Natalie, thank god she's not here", I say until I spot her in the room and my anxiety rises. I call Natalie over to tell her the story, knowing I've never told her. "When you asked me to the high school dance, I did have a crush on you, and I was trying to tell you how pretty you looked in your dress the next day, but I couldn't get myself to," I say while shifting around. "Luckily things are different now," I say trying to shift the conversation away until Natalie says "You just keep telling yourself that". I immediately cry to help at this point, thinking she knows of my crush on her. We wrap the interview up and wrap up the day essentially, as that was the last one for the tour.

Later that Day

Instead of going to dinner at a nice restaurant, I decided to just order room service for Natalie and me in her hotel room. "Natalie, what do you want from room service?" I ask. "Just some pasta and fries with a sprite," she says. "Gotcha.....Hi, can I have a steak with asparagus and some pasta with fries? Oh, and two sprites please, thank you" I say. As I put the phone down, Natalie jumps onto the bed, saying "Whew, I'm tired, the press tour was long today". I nod in agreement, as I remember back to earlier today with the confession, hoping she wouldn't bring it up. I go grab my laptop and begin editing tomorrow's video until the food arrives.

The food arrived about 45min later hot and fresh. I thanked the hotel staffer with a tip and close the door. As I turn around to head towards the food, I already see Natalie eating. She's so adorable when she eats, it's like a little bunny. I joined her at the table to eat, and while I kept eating, she was giving me these looks. They seemed to be looks of admiration, but I couldn't really tell. "What's wrong?" I asked. "Nothing, it's nothing David," she says to me while looking anywhere but my face. "Nat, just tell me," I say while putting my fork down to give her my full attention. "You really had a crush on me?" She asks nervously. I was dreading this question the entire day, it's just kind of embarrassing for me because we're best friends. "Oh that, well yeah, that's the truth," I say. "Why did you lie?" She asks. "What do you mean?" I say. "David you know what I mean. Every time someone asked if you had a crush on me this past year, you said you didn't. Why would you lie?" She asks sternly. "I don't know, I just did," I say hoping she won't push the conversation further, but knowing her she will. "David that is not an answer, and it is not the correct answer. Just tell me the truth." She says while having full eye-contact. "Nat can we just not talk about this right now?" I ask hoping she accepts my plea to not continue. "No! You can't just lie about having a crush on me for millions of people and then just randomly switch up. I trust you to always tell the truth, as you always trust me to tell the truth. David-" she tries to finish her thought, but I cut her off saying "Fine! I was protecting you!" I say a little louder than I wanted to. "Protecting me? What are you saying?" She questions me. "Nat, you broke up with your boyfriend Shawn of 4 years in late January. Then in late February, people were shipping you and me together and the question came up if I had a crush on you before. You were fresh out of a relationship and I didn't want to put you in a weird position but admitting I had a crush on you. I sometimes feel at fault for your breakup because I asked you to move out to la to help me. I wanted to give you time to heal from the relationship without me throwing sometime like that on you. It wouldn't have been right of me. So I lied about it. Also, the breakup video was still somewhat fresh and the last thing I want was people making of theories of you moving in and I have a crush on you, to be a reason why me and like broke. I didn't want to put that pressure on you as well, because as we both now know, shippers can get crazy. Then Zane and Ilya starting to admit their crushes onto you, even though you were a fresh few months off your relationship. So again, I didn't want to pile onto that pressure, even though this is from high school, I just didn't want to put that on you. I wasn't going to lie on the interview, so I told the truth, and yeah that's basically why I lied for so long." I say taking a deep breath after saying it all. She just looked at me for a bit, I think trying to look into my eyes, whether or not I meant everything I said. "Thank you, I'm sorry for yelling at you and questioning our trust. I love you" she says while bursting into tears and hugging me. "It's ok, it' ok, I love you too," I say while letting a teardrop fall. 

Hi guys, I hope you are all doing well. This piece is a bit shorter than the usual ones, but I couldn't think of much else to go along with it. Anyway, I hope you enjoy it and have a great rest of your day.