Wise (Part 4 - Finale)

I suggest reading parts 1,2,3 before reading the finale

David's POV:

I looked over to Natalie and saw her watching the movie "10 things I hate about you". Funny enough, the lock screen on her phone is from that movie. I've always enjoyed that film and that times compare the relationship in the film to of mines and Natalie's. As much as we can get on each other nerves and get really upset with one another, we can't live without each other. I couldn't imagine taking on this world without any other person by my side than her. The plane was slowly descending when we caught a bit of turbulence. It was really windy and rainy in Southern California currently and it was effecting the landing a bit. Natalie immediately held on to me as has a fear of turbulence on planes. As I was comforting her, I looked at her face and was just mesmerized at how someone this beautiful could be in my life. However, the mesmerization didn't last long as the plane finally landed and it was time to leave the plane.

Once we got off the plane, it was time to grab our luggage. Everyone got their luggage except Natalie. We waited for 30 minutes and her luggage hadn't arrived yet. Already tired from the flight, the last thing Natalie wanted to deal with was finding her luggage. You could see the frustration in her face. "Hey hey, it'll be alright. Here I'll go talk to the employees and figure this mess out. You go with Zane and Carly and grab a bite to eat somewhere in here" I said while comforting her. "Ugh thank you Dave, you're the best," she says while hugging me tightly. I then wave my goodbye's as I head to sort out this whole mess.

Natalie's POV:

Me, Zane, and Carly decided to eat some pizza. The pizza joint here in the airport is actually pretty good and they aren't usually busy which is always great. As we sit down and eat our food, zane asks "so what happened to you last night?" "What do you mean?" I respond with. "I mean that you just disappeared last night and no one knew where you went. We assumed David took you home since he wasn't around the club either" he says. "Well, Dave thought I was too drunk and took me back to his hotel to take care of me," I say while eating my pizza. "Took care of you.......nothing else?" He questions me. I playfully hit him on the arm and said "yes zane nothing else" "I wish I had someone who looks at me, the way David looks at you" says Carly out of nowhere. I looked at her with visible confusion, "what are you talking about?" I ask. Both Carly and Zane immediately burst into laughter, "there is no way you are this blind baby girl" says Zane. I still didn't get it and I think both of them understood. Carly then put down her pizza and put in hands together, "nat, David is in love with you. There is no way you don't see that. He goes out of his way to take care of you and always makes sure you're ok with anything he does" "I mean I guess I see what you guys are saying but it doesn't fully make sense. He talks about how he doesn't have a crush of me or that he wishes for us to stay friends in interviews and events" I say. "Girl there is no way you are this dumb! Do you think he would admit his feelings to you in public, especially an interview? He says that because it's his only option." Says Zane. "Alright alright, I guess you're correct on that point," I say. "What happened last night, don't leave details out," says Carly. I grunt that we have to back to last night but I do it anyway. "Well, he brought me to his hotel room so he could keep an eye on me. We went upstairs and he laid me on the bed. When I woke up from the nap it was like 2 am I think and he ordered room service for us. He also got ibuprofen for me and put it on the bedside with a glass of water, I guess he knew I would have a headache. Once we finished eating I fell back asleep. When I woke up he was editing his video and told me room service would be here in 30 minutes. I go shower and when I come out breakfast had arrived. We begin eating and then start talking about last night. I asked if I did anything dumb and he hesitated which means I did. I questioned him and he finally told me that we go into an argument and I said I hated him. We then began to dive deeper into the topic of me being extremely rude to him while I'm drunk. Eventually, I got the full truth out of him and he admitted how much it hurts him when I do that" I say. Zane and Carly both look at each other while I take a bite of my pizza. "Natalie, he took you back to the hotel room to take care of you. He ordered you room service twice and didn't sleep next to you, so you wouldn't freak out in the morning and start creating your own thoughts. He got upset that you get upset with him while you're drunk. This man loves and cares for you like no other and there is no way you don't see that" Zane says calmly. "Zane, of course I see it and of course I want to believe it but I'm just scared. I'm scared of......rejection....of what could happen if it doesn't work out" I say while tearing up. Carly gets up to comfort me. "Nat, you shouldn't be scared. You love him and he loves you. He goes out of his way to take care of you, just like you do for him. You both are meant for each other. This could be the best thing to happen for you if you decide to take the jump. As you say he is your best friend forever, so why not be more if you want him forever?" She tells me while comforting me. "Thanks guys," I say while hugging the both of them. As I cleaned myself up and finished my pizza, David sent me a text saying he was on his way back.

David's POV:

I finally was able to solve the luggage situation after 30 minutes. It got on a different flight but they will send it to this airport and have it delivered to my house once it's here. As I was heading out, I texted Natalie that I was on my way. She told me earlier they were eating pizza, so I knew where they were. Once I arrived, I sat down next to nat and saw her face was a bit puffy, "you ok?" I asked. "Yeah just annoyed about the luggage thing, that's all," she says. "Oh I see, well it'll arrive at the house in about a week, so everything's taken care of" I say while biting into the pizza they got me. "Thank you Dave," she says while hugging me. I always love it when she hugs me. I noticed Zane and Carly just smiling at me and raising eyebrows, basically teasing me, but I just blew it off. 

As I finished the pizza, we all got up and headed to the car. I left the Tesla at the airport so Taylor wouldn't have to drive all the way here to pick us up. We hopped into the Tesla and started to head home. Before me and nat could go home, we had to drop off Carly and Zane. First was Carly since she was the closest to the airport and then was zane since he was close to our house. After dropping off zane, instead of going home, I went decided to go to the grocery store. Natalie looked at me confused when we arrived, "what are we doing here?" "Well Taylor said she was going to make some Mac n cheese, your favorite, but she needs some supplies. So could you go in and get what she needs? I need to answer a few phone calls." I say. "Of course Davey, just send me the list," she says while exiting the vehicle. I just nodded in response to her request. What Natalie doesn't know is that it is only one phone call and it's to Taylor. "Hey Taylor is everything set up?" I ask. "Yes everything thing is set up and the cameras are in place" she responds. "Perfect, we're at the grocery store right now, so we'll be home in twenty minutes," I say. "Okie Dokie, I'll be ready" she responds back while ending the phone call. I can't way for nat to see the surprise, it's been something I've been wanting to get here for a while, just wanted to make sure it was the right one. After a good 10 minutes, Natalie came out of the store and we loaded the groceries into the car and started to head back home.

Once we arrived, I turned on the camera. I wanted to record Natalie's reaction to her surprise. She heard the click as she was getting out of the car, "why are you turning on the camera?" She asks me. "I want to scare Taylor after we get settled back in and if she here's in while we are in the house, she'll know what's going on," I say lying but hoping she buys it. "Oh ahah gotcha gotcha," she says while heading towards the door.

Natalie's POV:

I enter the house and immediately take in the smell of our home which always brings me comfort. I start walking towards the living room when all of the sudden a dog comes around the corner and immediately tackles me. Taylor comes running, I imagine she was chasing the dog. "Sorry Natalie, he's a fast one," she says. It was a Goldendoodle, which is my favorite breed. "It's so adorable, whose it's owner? I ask while playing with it. After about 5 seconds Taylor doesn't say anything so I look up to her. All I see is her motion her head to behind me and I guess implying that I should turn around. So I do and when I do all I see is David standing there holding his camera, pointing it at me, and saying "happy birthday nat". I just started crying. I've wanted a puppy for so long but never got one because David didn't want one in the house. I had hoped he would agree, but he was always so against, so I never had high hopes. But after all of it, he got me one and it was my favorite breed. While I was sitting on the floor crying, David came over and hugged me, "I'll take that as you're happy with your gift" he says. "I can't breathe. From my dream car to my dream pet, I don't know what else I could want. Thank you so much" I say while hugging him tightly. After about 5 seconds he pulled away from the hug, took my hands, looked me directly in the eyes, and said "how about your dream guy?" I knew the answer to that question and I think he did too. Instead of telling him, I decided to show him. I took his head and kissed him on the lips with all my passion. "12 years later, and I get to call you mine, who would've known," I say. "I did," he says while hugging me. I'll be honest, I didn't want to be anywhere else but in his arms at this very moment.

Hi everyone! I hope you are all doing well. This was the finale of the "wise" series. I didn't originally plan on doing more than 1 but since you guys wanted more, I did more. I hope you enjoyed the finale of this mini-series. I'll be going back to one-shots but I did have my fun with this.