Wise (Part 3)

If you haven't read parts 1 & 2, I'd suggest doing so before reading this one.

David's POV:

It's been a fun week so far, hanging out with old friends for a bit of time with no worries in the world. Thanksgiving was great with the family and now we have Natalie's birthday as the next major event. In fact, with her birthday being tomorrow, today we have a big celebration planned so as the clock turns to midnight, the party will be well underway. I'm really excited about the party, as usual, I'll get great content on nights like this, but also it's always great to see Natalie enjoy herself.

The party is going to be held at Ilya's apartment and it'll start at 9 pm. We have Portillo's being catered, which is Natalie's favorite restaurant. The plan is to hang out here for a bit, then take a party bus on the way to the club to enjoy to rest of the night.

It's 5 pm currently and I'm just hanging out with Ilya until the party. I get a text from Natalie saying "What was it about?". Haha, this makes me laugh so much. Natalie has been trying to get out of me what me and her father talked about 4 days ago. She's been harassing me almost non-stop every day but to no avail. I'm rather surprised because usually, she figures it out pretty quick, but I've been good on keeping this one locked up, and her father as well, he hasn't given in to his daughter's cute puppy eyes. "What are you smiling at?" Asks Ilya. I guess I was smiling at the text a bit too long. "Oh, it's nothing" I respond back. "Well if it's nothing and it's funny why don't you show me?" He asks. "Fine, Natalie's been texting me like crazy the past 4 days trying figure out what me and her dad talked about," I say. "Well, what did you talk about if she's so hung up on it?" He asks. "Ilya, that's between her father and me" I tell him. "It's something I can't know? Or is it something you don't want me to know?" He questions me. To be honest, I feel like ilya might know how I feel about Natalie, but he hasn't ever made a notion of it, but we'll see how this night goes and that might change it. "No Ilya, it's a respect thing of keeping a private conversation private," I say sternly. "Ok ok, no need to get all stern with me, just wondering," he says while getting up to go to the restroom.

Timeskip to 9 pm 

Everyone is starting to arrive for the party. We planned for it to start at 9 pm but it seems people think that's the time to leave their house. Either way, the apartments slowly filling up with all our friends. "Hi nat," I say as I pop out of the bedroom and greet her. "Hey Davey," she says while hugging me. "Whoa, cool hat, where did you get it from?" I ask. "Reggie made it for me," she says. "Well, that's pretty thoughtful of him," I say as Reggie jumps into the conversation after hearing his name. "Were you guys just complimenting me?" He asks. "Haha, yes Reggie we were, don't think of it being me flirting with you," I say teasing Reggie. "Oh honey, I know I'm not the person you like to flirt with" he responds with as he looks at Natalie and then looks at me. I saw Natalie blush a little, and she was trying to hide it. "I'm going go to the bathroom, need to pee," she says while heading over to the hallway. I've never told Reggie anything but being Natalie's best friend he does know things that I probably don't. Now don't get me wrong, I'm also Natalie's Best friend, but obviously anything about me she would tell Reggie. So, could that mean he and Natalie have talked about me? I shouldn't think too much of this as it will cloud my thoughts for the night, but that image of Natalie blushing is good to one to see, that's for sure.

Portillo's has arrived and everybody is devouring it. From the hotdogs, Mac n cheese, fries, to even the chocolate cake and shakes everyone is loving it. As everyone starts to wind down from the food, it's for the birthday cake before the rest of the night. I grab my camera and nat sits down at the table will the cupcakes and a 23 candle in one cupcake. I start the happy birthday chant and everyone follows along. Cheering and screaming can be heard as the song ends and Natalie is seen blowing out her candles. As she blew them out, some of the boys popped bottles of champagne and got it everywhere. Lucky no one's outfits got soaked otherwise we would be all sticky, but it did make for a great camera recording. A lot of people already pre-gamed hard, so they're already drunk before we even got to the club.