Wise (Part 2)

If you haven't read part 1, I suggest reading that one first!

David's POV:

Being that we arrived pretty early, it was perfect timing to wake up our siblings. Natalie didn't live close to me anymore, so she went her own way and I went mine. I slowly entered my house and went up to toby's room. It was 7 am and he had to get up in 20min for school anyway, so I thought it wouldn't be a big deal. "Ah!" I yell at toby. He immediately sprung up and fell off his bed. "Ouch David! Oh wait, David! You're home!" Says toby as he gets up the hug me. "Yeah I'm home for almost a week," I tell him. "Yes! That means you're gonna play with me every day, right?" He asks me. "Of course toby" I sat softly. My two sisters were woken up to me scaring toby, but they were still surprised to see me because they thought I was celebrating Thanksgiving in LA. As all three went to school, I sat down at the dinner table and had some scrambled eggs that my mom made. Her scrambled eggs were the best back in Slovakia because of the spice combination she used. It took a while to find the same combination here, but once she did, it was all worth it. "So David, what's new?" My mom asks. "Oh, nothing mom, same old same old" I respond. "Anyone new special person in your life yet?" She asks while smiling hopefully. I knew my mom was always interested in my love life. I wasn't going to tell her about my crush for Natalie though. That's the last thing I want getting out there currently. "Oh no one yet mom," I say rather nervous. "You sure? Because if I didn't know, you have a crush on someone rather familiar" she asks mischievously. A mother's intuition is something else, and it's hard to hide these things from here, but I wasn't going to budge. "Nope, nobody mom" I say while getting up to put my dirty dishes in the sink. "Whatever you say honey," she says as she goes up to her room. Whew! That was close.

Timeskip to 2:00 PM

We decided to have everyone meet up at a sports complex that we used to hang out at when we were younger. Me and the boys would usually play basketball for a couple of hours while the girls would go play soccer. I was hanging out with Natalie until the rest of the boys arrived. "How was it seeing your family," I ask her while messing with the ball. "It was great, the last time we were here it was only for 2 days, but I'm glad we're here for a week," she says. "Me too, allows us to make a ton of more memories," I say. "Yup, and good ones at that," she says while smiling at me. I decided to get up and have us play our old soccer game where I am the goalie and she is the kicker. It was a game we used to play to help her practice her free kicks. "Try to make a goal this time, you weren't too good back in high school," I say while chuckling. "Oh yeah dobrik, we'll see about that," she says confidently. She puts the ball down and lines herself up to make the kick. As she does that, I dig my feet into the turf to get a good grip on the ground. Natalie begins to go towards the ball, starting slow but speeding up as she gets close. It seems she's going left until I noticed at the last second she jerks right. I leap right as she kicks the ball and blocks it, unfortunately, I blocked it with my face. "Haha I blocked it," I say while getting up. "I mean you did, but what's worse, a blocked ball or a bloody nose?" She asks and then I look down and there's blood on my shirt. "Oh" was all I managed to get out. "Come here," she says as she grabs my hand and brings me into the restroom to help me clean up. "Sorry about the nose Dave," she says while wiping my upper lip with a towel. "Don't worry about it, it's not like it was intentional.........or was it?" I question. "Dave, I wouldn't purposely hurt you," she says astonished at the fact that I would ask such a question. "I know I was kidding, your aim isn't that good to hit me while I'm moving," I say while smiling. "Ok ok, that was a good one dork, I'll give you that," she says while smiling. 

After I got cleaned up with the help of Natalie, the boys finally arrived and we played our basketball games. It was a close game and Ilya was guarding me. Both of our teams were at 20 and whoever made the next shot wins the game. My strength was a 3-pointer so all I needed was a screen. Mike came around and set the screen on Ilya and I took the shot. The ball fell perfectly into the hoop and my team won. "Wooooooo!!!" Is all you hear from the team as we cheered to the victory. I turn and also say Natalie cheering for me. It always feels good to see her supporting me. But then Ilya bumped my shoulder with force and walking away. "Uh, excuse you?" I say to him. "What's wrong?" He asks. "Ilya, come on, it's just a game," I say to him. "Well yeah, if the teams were fair, maybe I would consider it a game," he says sternly. "Oh come on, you're not giving me that lame excuse," I say with an attitude. "Oh yeah, I think I am," he says as he gets close to me. "The score was literally 20 to 20" I yell at him while getting closer. "Only because you guys suck and I carried my team," he says while bumping his forehead with mine. Immediately everyone started to pull us away from each other, not wanting anything bad to happen. Natalie even came in and help separate us. "First of all, both of you are idiots, and Ilya you need to calm down." She says aggressively, which puts a smile on my face knowing she was defending me. Ilya was then about to say something when Natalie cut him off, "ah ah ah, I don't want to hear shit from you. You're acting like a sore loser right now and nobody here wants to see that" she says to him. "Ok fine whatever," he says as he gets up to leave the gym. Everyone is gathering their items to leave the gym, and before we left I went to Natalie and said "Hey, thanks for having my back during the argument." "Of course Dave, anytime," she says while grabbing her bag and going towards the exits.