Chapter 27 : Sky High

Listen to the music at the top.

Music Playlist Miguel: Skywalker

-----------

                        James Solomon

I felt better knowing that I had finally come clean to Destiny about being a kingpin, that weight was no longer held over my shoulders.

What I did fear was that she wouldn't look at me the same anymore. I know it was a lot for her to process. I shouldn't have lied but, I just wanted her to be mine so badly.

I'm not happy with what I do on the side and that was also why I kept my dark side hidden from her.

I pulled up to her house and got out of the car. I rang the doorbell as Destiny opened the door. She had a glass of wine in her hand. Her hair was all messy and curly falling to her shoulders.

She looked beautiful as always on an off day but worried. I walked into her living room and shot her a look. She continued to take more sips out of her wine glass.

I was trying to read her. Even what she had on didn't make sense. She never dresses in baggy clothes.

" Are you alright?" I furrowed my eyebrows, and she nodded. " Yeah, why would I not be." She shrugged as she placed her glass on the kitchen counter, she let out a small burp and giggled.

Yeah, this woman was already Tipsy.

" You've been drinking too much again," I said agitatedly. She chuckled and sat down on the couch and crossed her legs.

" You damn right I have." She smirked playing in her hair.

I shook my head and sighed in disappointment. My baby looked very frightened.

" I don't like seeing you like this." She scoffed and sucked her teeth.

" Well Excuse me if I want to have a few glasses of wine while my killer is out there waiting for me. God knows he could already be on the way to my house right now." She retorted as I could see the fear in her eyes.

" I thought I told you that you're not going to die. I'm going to keep you safe." I said seriously.

" Yeah well, I don't feel safe." She said softly lowering her head.

I went into the kitchen and found the medicine cabinet, pulled out aspirin, and fixed a glass of water.

" I want to take you somewhere but first you have to sober up," I demanded as I handed it to her.

" Where are you taking me ?" She looked up anxiously.

" Don't worry about it just do as I say and you'll see soon." I made a phone call and walked to one of the guest rooms down the hallway.

" Hey, ma," I said lowly as I sat down on the guest bed.

" Thank you for finally calling me. I was worried that you weren't going to reach out after what happened a few weeks ago." She sounded sad over the phone already.