Episode 2.2 - The Sun Rises (Part 2)

Quick A/N.  I'm not sure if I'm going to find a good place to say the species of the animals, so here they are.

Risas - Lion

Harako - Cheetah

Fermet - Cougar

Vovchak - Wolf

Vue - Bald Eagle

Risasi started running until she got knocked over by a wolf.

"Gotcha!"  The wolf said.

"Get off me, Vovchak!"  Risasi exclaimed.

"You're it, though," Vovchak jumped off Risasi and rolled a baobab fruit towards her.  "Try to keep up!"

[Beau Black]

It's a good day to have some fun to run and playThe sun's so hot, it melts my worries all awayI'm gonna take it easy, got no reason to work all dayOh, I'm gonna keep on smiling, keep on riding all the wayCome on, and I tell yaNi siku njemaMatata yako mbaliNi siku njemaKimbia na furahiCome play with me, and we'll run freeThrough the Pride Lands, up to the highest treeGotta live for fun, it's the only wayIt's a beautiful, it's a beautiful dayNi Siku Nzuri!It's a beautiful, it's a beautiful dayNi Siku Nzuri!Come play with me, and we'll run freeThrough the Pride Lands, up to the highest treeGotta live for fun, it's the only wayIt's a beautiful, it's a beautiful dayNi Siku Nzuri!Oh, it's a beautiful, it's a beautiful dayNi Siku Nzuri!It's a beautiful, it's a beautiful day

{Music ends}

"Hello," a black leopard emerged from the trees.  Risasi knew this leopard - he was Makucha's son.  The black leopard was followed by a snow leopard - Chuluun's daughter.  Makucha and Chuluun were mates, so the leopards were their cubs.  The black leopard continued speaking, "Risasi, Vovchak."

"Get away from the Tree, Bovu," Risasi started, her voice full of authority, "and take Tsa with you."

"Um," Vovchak started looking around, "Risasi?"

They were surrounded.  Leopards and snow leopards were everywhere.  An instinct suddenly overtook Risasi.

"Get behind me," she ordered Vovchak.

"Why?"  Vovchak asked.

"Just do it," Risasi was about to snap.

Vovchak complied with Risasi's order, the wind starting to pick up.  Risasi Roared, sending Bovu and Tsa flying.  The rest of the leopards saw what happened and immediately ran, their tails in between their legs.  The Mark of the Night Pride briefly appeared on his right shoulder.

"That was dyvnyy, Risasi!"  Vovchak exclaimed.  'How'd you do it?"

"I wish I knew," Risasi responded.  "We should go ask my parents."

Kion watched Risasi's roar, seeing what she did.  Rani looked at her mate, worry in her eyes.

"Is she really ready to lead?"  She asked.

"I started leading the Lion Guard at her age," Kion responded.  "I've turned out fine."

"But the Night Pride," Rani argued.  "They patrol the Tree of Life, four types of terrains."

"The fact that Risasi used the Roar means that she's ready," Kion said.  "The Kings of the Past have gave it to her for a reason."