Episode 14 - Home (Final Episode)

Risasi woke up next to Fermet with the Tree of Life in sight.  The Night Pride had split from Risas and Ushujaa, but had gained Grise with them.  Fermet's leg was a little better; he could walk on his own, albeit slowly, but running was out of the picture.  The cougar was waking up as well.  Risasi licked his cheek.

"Are you feeling any better?"  She asked.

Fermet stood up and tried to shake out his leg, but winced before he could.

"Nope," he said.  "Still don't think I can run.  But I think I can walk a little faster."

"Don't push it," Risasi warned.  "Get Nirmala or Makini to take a look at it."

Risasi turned to the rest of the Night Pride, who were all awake.

"Night Pride?"  She asked.

"We're all ready," Vue said.

The Night Pride walked to the Tree before being greeted by Rani.  She gestured for just Risasi to follow her.

"How are you feeling?"  Rani asked.

Risasi explained about what happened at the Arbre de la Vie, skipping over Fermet's father.  It wasn't her job to talk about other animals' parents.  Kion had come out right when Risasi was telling Rani about losing control of the Roar.

"What did Askari show you about the Roar?"  Kion asked.

Risasi Roared at the ground, creating a tall spire.

"Did Askari show you how to lift objects up?"  Kion asked.

Risasi nodded, turning towards the Tree.  She Roared, lifting the Tree the same way Kion had done with Pride Rock.  The Tree fell back down onto the ground.

"I want to show you something else," Risasi said, "but I'd need someone to use it on.  I know it won't hurt."

"You can try it on me," Kion offered.

"Okay," Risasi backed up to in front of Kion.  "Don't move, Dad."

Risasi closed her eyes, trying to focus the Roar.  She used it, freezing Kion.

"Kion!"  Rani exclaimed.

"It's okay, Mom," Risasi assured.  "Dad's not hurt."

Risasi pushed Kion's tail up, and it stayed in the air for a second before Kion exhaled.

"Heyvi kabisa," he breathed.  "I wish I had that when I had to fight Scar's army."

"What happened?"  Rani asked.

"The Roar can paralyze," Risasi explained.

After a second, Kion spoke.

"I hope you don't mind me changing the subject," he said, "but I saw how comfortable you looked beside Fermet.  And from what you said about what happened, it sounds like you care about him a lot."

"I do," Risasi said.

"We were going to make you betrothed to Sher," Rani said, "but you deserve a say in it.  If you'd rather be with Fermet, we're okay with that."

"Dhanyavaad," Risasi thanked.  "Even if it means I can't have cubs, I'd want Fermet as a mate."

Risasi turned around before turning back to her parents.

"Vovchak found a wolf he liked at the Arbre de la Vie," she said.  "Is it okay if she stays here?"

"Of course," Rani said.  "As long as she respects the Circle of Life."

Risasi nodded before walking inside the Tree.  Fermet was lying down, still awake.

"How are you?"  She asked, walking over to him.

"Better," Fermet said.  "It's more my flank than my leg now."

"Kion and Rani said that they're okay with us being mates," Risasi lied down next to Fermet.

"They're not worried about cubs?"  Fermet asked.  "That's all my dad ever talked about."

"You don't have to talk about your dad," Risasi put her tail over her mate's shoulders.  "And we don't have to think about cubs right now.  Get some sleep."

Fermet closed his eyes and purred in response.

A/N: I hope you liked this story!  I know it's a little different from my usual KionxFuli stories, but I wanted to try something new.  I tried my best to not leave this one on a cliffhanger, but I'll be happy to answer any questions you have in the comments.