Neck-laced: a side story of AYNON

Short Author's Note:
This is a side story for 'Are You Naughty or Nice'. I just thought, a little context would be nice. 😊
Enjoy~

Zhao Yunlan slouched against the library chair he was currently sitting on then growled. The metal chair is really uncomfortable and cold.

His boredom was gnawing at him and he wanted nothing more than to go home. Unfortunately, he has a class two hours from now under a terror teacher who warned him that his next absence will result to him being dropped from the class.

As much as he hated waiting, he hated repeating a course more so he bit the bullet and stayed at school.

He threw his head back and stared at the ceiling. Studied the cracks for a few minutes before he got fed up and stood. His chair clattered loudly but only two or three students were currently at the library so it didn't do much.

Yunlan scanned the library and realized that despite  attending Dragon University for more than a year, he never had the chance to leisurely examine its library.

Given that he is not fond of libraries and the fact that the university has about five of them, he should at least know what's inside the common library.

The library of the College of Education or the Common library, as they call it, is located at the center of Dragon University. Although, it is usually empty due to the fact that mobile phones and internet exist.

Yunlan studied the halls of bookshelves and decided to do a little walking exercise around the library to cure his boredom.

He walked aimlessly. Stopping to flip open books with covers that made him interested.

Quite a few minutes have passed and he found himself in an obscure portion of the library.

Yunlan sniffed. The air smelled differently in that part of the library. The odour of old paper and parchment evident in the air.

He was about to retrace his steps when he heard a soft rustle from behind the bookself of old books. Yunlan, being curious by nature, decided to take a look.

Behind the shelf he found a table sorrounded by four chairs. But, it wasn't the table that drew him closer. It was the figure of a sleeping man.

Yunlan smiled at the scene before him.

The guy was probably studying before he decided to take a nap. Despite the dim sourroundings of that portion of the library, the mam was basked by the afternoon sun shining through a small window. A thick book and folded glasses was placed neatly beside his rested head.

Yunlan grinned cheekily and approached the sleeping student with the intent to play a joke. However, the sight that met his eyes caused his smile to falter.

He could see only a little more than half of the man's face. But, he found himself memerized by the man's pale skin contrasted by his red lips. A structured face and prominent nose smoothed over by long curly lashes. The man was beautiful.

Sleeping while being showered by the sun's rays, Yunlan couldn't help but think that he must have found an angel.

The man stirred, snapping Yunlan out of his trance.

"M.. M… Mitosis…" the man murmured.

Hearing this, Yunlan barely contained the laughter that erupted from his throat. The man was dreaming about cell division. He chuckled at the back of his throat.

He dragged his gaze away from the man to the book beside him. It was a very thick book, tattered and old. On its cover was 'Haixing and Dixing' in faded gold letters.